Alexa can speak in dead person's voice

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Another thing they mention in the article:

This also suggests that the device could listen to someone's conversation and then learn how to mimic their voice, no doubt adding to the concerns many people have about having devices like this in their home.

Reactions: Selectric

This also suggests that the device could listen to someone's conversation and then learn how to mimic their voice, no doubt adding to the concerns many people have about having devices like this in their home.
It might not be a bad thing to be able to hear the voice of someone we miss. I could see how this could confusion in investigating a paranormal event.

Reactions: Selectric
the device could listen to someone's conversation and then learn how to mimic their voice
Oh no no no no. I am one of the people that would absolutely reject this. No. You speak with your own voice. We don't need a device doing it for us. Medically, ok. I can see if someone has lost the ability to speak for themselves. But as far as learning the voice of a departed loved one...that's a big No as well. Why would you want that? That's a tad morbid imo. Maybe i'm way off there, but if they passed, i am sure they would not want a device speaking for them either. There are other methods to speak, let alone remember those we've lost.

Of course it could, and it does listen. Your smart phones listen as well.

Reactions: Lynne