Alexa and the Chemtrails

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Eyebrows were raised recently when it was learned that Amazon's Alexa device provided a rather curious response when asked about chemtrails, but it seems that the popular digital assistant may have already been silenced by the 'powers that be.'

Multiple videos circulating online over the last few days have shown that, when asked "what is a chemtrail," the device responded with an incredible answer that appeared to endorse the infamous conspiracy theory.

Specifically, it said that chemtrails were "trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials."

When the website Mashable wrote about this weird answer, word quickly began to spread online and, it would seem, eventually reached Amazon, who swiftly changed the devices response to the more prosaic explanation for chemtrails which says that they are simply jet engine exhaust.

While skeptics will say that the company merely corrected a mistake made by the device where it was pulling the information about chemtrails from a disreputable source, conspiracy theorists will argue that the device was adjusted because it got too close to the truth.

Source: Mashable

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Heck, even the government now ADMITS it's spraying stuff into the air! Why try to change the narrative now?

But still won’t tell you who Jesus is :D

What?! Do you mean Charleh that Alexa won’t announce a description for “Who is Jesus Christ?”

I don’t have a fancy Alexa toy so I can’t check it out myself.
Yeah. You can ask about any other religious figure. But Jesus, and I believe Moses is another difficult topic for Alexa.

Reactions: Debi
Hey Siri is smarter than Alexa lol. She knew who JESUS is and gave me info on Chemtrails which she explained as a conspiracy theory.

Reactions: Charleh and Debi
I won't even have one of these things in my house. Remember when we all got freaked out because of the cameras on our computers and taped them over for privacy? (Mine still is.) Now we invite these machines into our home to listen in on everything! Nope. Not happening here.

Reactions: Lynne
I won't even have one of these things in my house. Remember when we all got freaked out because of the cameras on our computers and taped them over for privacy? (Mine still is.) Now we invite these machines into our home to listen in on everything! Nope. Not happening here.
Ha ha you are part of the resistance lol. I figure they are listening anyway so I might as well enjoy the convience. My life is so boring I’m sure I’m killing them.

Reactions: Debi and Charleh
Uhhh..... we still tape our webcams what are you talking about?

F57C0A9E-02AE-431B-B18F-1B69578B2EB2.jpeg