Agoraphobia? Autism link to psychic skills?

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
From childhood I have avoided crowds of people,from shopping centres to fairs,anywhere people congregate.When I have to attend any of these places I get a feeling of dread and heat up and feel sick,it takes days to get over and sometimes I bring back "things" with me.I been told its agoraphobia but I really think I'm taking on everyone's bad energy in the place.It makes life in society difficult.I've never been able to get over this stuff,its why I have always had outside work and live isolated now.

What kind of things do you bring back with you? How does it affect you etc?

Not necessarily in relation to you but it’s a strange time we live in when you look at the timeline. Long story short, there’s too many people. :)

I grew up outside of the city but later in life I have lived and worked in the city and best summary I could give is it’s cancerous. To go from sitting next to a pond in the mountains isolated to the fast paced overcrowded, cement and car exhaust, loudness, of the city is traumatizing. Some people like it I guess but I’ll never understand that.

What I was saying at first though is how there’s more people than I think out genetic programming has equipped us to deal with. You see it in animals too if they’re forced to be around too many members in a confined space. Stress, anxiety, aggression, odd behaviors etc. I think there may be an element of that going on in “society”. It’s a sort of mad chaos.

I’m with you though on large crowds, even in restaurants I like to have my back to the wall so I can keep everyone in visual check, I don’t like people behind me. Not a fan of the loud talk noise etc. I prefer a much more one on one experience.

When you say you bring things back is it more like the mental/emotional state of a person, or does it get deeper like scenarios a person might be dealing with? How does it all work out for you?

Reactions: ozentity
Perhaps you have a form of autism or are high sensitive?? I have autism and can't be in crowds too long before being overwhelmed.

I get headaches and feel dizzy.. and can get symptoms like feeling extremely agitated and itchy.

Reactions: ozentity
Highly sensitive empaths are also known to have this problem. I stay away from crowds of any kind as I tend to "absorb" others emotions/energy if I'm around it without shields. And shields can be difficult to maintain when you have a lot of people pouring out energy.

Once again, high function autistics are extremely sensitive to others as well. It becomes pure sensory overload for them. Sensory processing is one of the symptoms most who fall in the spectrum have difficulty with.

What kind of things do you bring back with you
I sometimes have shadow type figures come home,they hide behind my back and just catch a glimpse of them,only inside the house so they are not normal shadows.My whole family are very sensitive and you are stepping on egg shells around my mum in fear of upsetting her.

Being autistic, I can totally relate to what others have said here. Just a few Sundays ago, we planned to visit a flower garden type park, and had packed a picnic lunch. When got there, the place was overrun with a bridal party, plus families and there kids running around, plus there was no place to park so we couldn't even get out of the car. People in both passing and parked cars were playing loud music and we ended eating in the car and going back home. I was exhausted and I hadn't even gotten to enjoy the park.

We have learned to go to public parks and such mostly on weekdays and off seasons, when they are not too crowded. Sensory overload can make what should be a pleasant outing into a nightmare. Same with beaches, and forget about the mall! Twenty minutes in and I am ready to melt down. Even doctors offices nowadays feel they have to put a stupid television in the waiting room with the volume way up while people are busy with their phones and not even watching the darned thing.

I used to be able to tolerate more, but I guess getting older, and a more populated planet has made me more reclusive than ever.

This is an issue for many of us Empaths. I have to set up energetic walls when going out in public however it doesn't always work.
It is extremely overwhelming.....
Have you entertained the idea that this might be due to empath abilities?
I have had that idea for a while,but how do you know the difference.

Being autistic, I can totally relate to what others have said here. Just a few Sundays ago, we planned to visit a flower garden type park, and had packed a picnic lunch. When got there, the place was overrun with a bridal party, plus families and there kids running around, plus there was no place to park so we couldn't even get out of the car. People in both passing and parked cars were playing loud music and we ended eating in the car and going back home. I was exhausted and I hadn't even gotten to enjoy the park.

We have learned to go to public parks and such mostly on weekdays and off seasons, when they are not too crowded. Sensory overload can make what should be a pleasant outing into a nightmare. Same with beaches, and forget about the mall! Twenty minutes in and I am ready to melt down. Even doctors offices nowadays feel they have to put a stupid television in the waiting room with the volume way up while people are busy with their phones and not even watching the darned thing.

I used to be able to tolerate more, but I guess getting older, and a more populated planet has made me more reclusive than ever.
This fits the bill for my condition almost to a tee.I have a friend who's daughter has Asperger's and she has trouble communicating with almost everyone,strangely I have always got on great with her and just seem to "get" each other,I always wondered if I had some similar condition,but I feel society has to label you when you don't fit in the box and no two people are the same anyway.