After School...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Back in the day, what did you watch on TV in the afternoon after coming home from school? A local kids' program? "I Love Lucy" reruns? Cubs' games for you Chicagoland folks? Tell us what you remember.

Reactions: Benway
Cartoons, Gilligan's Island and yes, I Love Lucy, lol.

Reactions: Debi
As a youngster, it was usually one of the local TV shows that featured cartoons and local hosts/guests.

In college it was an early Japanese anime show called "Starblazers." It came on at 4pm, and on Fridays we'd often be suitably fortified in time to watch that afternoon's episode. I wish I had video of us, a group of drunk/stoned engineering students giggling our asses off as watched a reclaimed WWII Japanese battleship flying through space and fighting the evil Gamilons. That's quality entertainment right there.

As a youngster, it was usually one of the local TV shows that featured cartoons and local hosts/guests.

In college it was an early Japanese anime show called "Starblazers." It came on at 4pm, and on Fridays we'd often be suitably fortified in time to watch that afternoon's episode. I wish I had video of us, a group of drunk/stoned engineering students giggling our asses off as watched a reclaimed WWII Japanese battleship flying through space and fighting the evil Gamilons. That's quality entertainment right there.
That had to be it's own show...lol

Reactions: Benway and Duke
It's been awhile, but I'm thinking that it was likely TMNT and video games. But like most, if my grades weren't good, I'd lose the privilege until they improved.

Reactions: Benway
It's been awhile, but I'm thinking that it was likely TMNT and video games. But like most, if my grades weren't good, I'd lose the privilege until they improved.
Same here! Grades were the key to the TV! lol

I usually didn’t watch tv till evening. It was homework and then I was outside riding my bike or meeting up with the neighbor kids. I think the soaps were on at that time of day.

Reactions: Paulm