After Death Visitation that Re-Kindled it All.....

Donna Lee

Reaction score
When I was a kid, the place where I lived was what I now believe to be haunted. During my time there, I remember one vivid re-occurring visitation. It was from a child who appeared to be not much older than I was at the time (5 yrs old) and she would come to my bedroom door, motion for me to follow and we would sit in the upstairs hallway closet. I remember our communication to be telepathic because I can't say that we ever moved our mouths, it was just our thoughts conversing together! She wore a white dress, with a pinafore and had black hair with curly ringlets, cascading down to her shoulders. We would play hand clapping games, you know the kind such as "Miss Mary Mac." As I grew up and moved away to another state, I didn't really experience much and the thought of ghosts and the paranormal faded. That was soon to change!

When I was 36, my mother passed away from Lung Cancer. She survived about 5 years after diagnosis and although we were aware of the eventuality of the disease, it still never prepares you for the death and loss of your mother. She raised my 3 sisters and I by herself as my father passed away many years before (I was only 7). She was a very strong woman and very close to all of us.

At the end, she was transferred to a hospice. We had taken care of her at home, but she needed end of life care that we couldn't provide and was admitted to a hospice. We visited her on the day of admission and stayed into the evening. About midnight, we all said good-night, promised to visit every day and left for our homes. Around 5 am, we received a call from the hospice and were told she had become unresponsive and they advised us to come and be with her because they did not believe she would be with us for another day.

They were wonderful people and informed us every step of the way in regards to what happens during the stages of our body's shut-down. She was unresponsive, but they told us to keep talking to her, visiting with each other. While we were talking and visiting (reminiscing over old photos), something told me to look over to her bedside. What I saw, was her last breath. I remember holding her hand and not wanting to let go after.

We all went home and would meet again in the morning. I was alone that night. My husband was on his way home from Colorado and didn't make it back in time. An hour had passed as I sat on my bed and held the bible she'd given me when I was a teen. That's when it happened....

I felt a strong *whoosh* and a feeling of energy as if my finger was in a light socket! It passed over me and I moved forward a little as it passed. I sat there and in front of me was my mother! She looked beautiful and bright and in fact the brightness made me squint. It was only her upper body that was visible. Her lower body was faded. She held my cheeks in her hand, I could smell her and I could hear her say, "I'll Always Love You" and then she moved up into the corner of the room and completely faded away! This was the single most comforting experience of my life. I wasn't afraid and in fact felt only love and comfort. After it happened, I sort of shook my head in disbelief! I was not asleep, but I was wide awake.

After this experience, I searched everything I could and upon my searching (over several years), I found a group of people who believed as I did and who want to help people with their claims of activity. They welcomed me into their group of investigators and I've been actively investigating and researching ever since.

Last edited:
When I was a kid, the place where was what I now believe to be haunted. During my time there, I remember one vivid re-occurring visitation. It was from a child who appeared to be not much older than I was at the time (5 yrs old) and she would come to my bedroom door, motion for me to follow and we would sit in the upstairs hallway closet. I remember our communication to be telepathic because I can't say that we ever moved our mouths, it was just our thoughts conversing together! She wore a white dress, with a pinafore and had black hair with curly ringlets, cascading down to her shoulders. We would play hand clapping games, you know the kind such as "Miss Mary Mac." As I grew up and moved away to another state, I didn't really experience much and the thought of ghosts and the paranormal faded. That was soon to change!

When I was 36, my mother passed away from Lung Cancer. She survived about 5 years after diagnosis and although we were aware of the eventuality of the disease, it still never prepares you for the death and loss of your mother. She raised my 3 sisters and I by herself as my father passed away many years before (I was only 7). She was a very strong woman and very close to all of us.

At the end, she was transferred to a hospice. We had taken care of her at home, but she needed end of life care that we couldn't provide and was admitted to a hospice. We visited her on the day of admission and stayed into the evening. About midnight, we all said good-night, promised to visit every day and left for our homes. Around 5 am, we received a call from the hospice and were told she had become unresponsive and they advised us to come and be with her because they did not believe she would be with us for another day.

They were wonderful people and informed us every step of the way in regards to what happens during the stages of our body's shut-down. She was unresponsive, but they told us to keep talking to her, visiting with each other. While we were talking and visiting (reminiscing over old photos), something told me to look over to her bedside. What I saw, was her last breath. I remember holding her hand and not wanting to let go after.

We all went home and would meet again in the morning. I was alone that night. My husband was on his way home from Colorado and didn't make it back in time. An hour had passed as I sat on my bed and held the bible she'd given me when I was a teen. That's when it happened....

I felt a strong *whoosh* and a feeling of energy as if my finger was in a light socket! It passed over me and I moved forward a little as it passed. I sat there and in front of me was my mother! She looked beautiful and bright and in fact the brightness made me squint. It was only her upper body that was visible. Her lower body was faded. She held my cheeks in her hand, I could smell her and I could hear her say, "I'll Always Love You" and then she moved up into the corner of the room and completely faded away! This was the single most comforting experience of my life. I wasn't afraid and in fact felt only love and comfort. After it happened, I sort of shook my head in disbelief! I was not asleep, but I was wide awake.

After this experience, I searched everything I could and upon my searching (over several years), I found a group of people who believed as I did and who want to help people with their claims of activity. They welcomed me into their group of investigators and I've been actively investigating and researching ever since.

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing it with us.

When I was a kid, the place where I lived was what I now believe to be haunted. During my time there, I remember one vivid re-occurring visitation. It was from a child who appeared to be not much older than I was at the time (5 yrs old) and she would come to my bedroom door, motion for me to follow and we would sit in the upstairs hallway closet. I remember our communication to be telepathic because I can't say that we ever moved our mouths, it was just our thoughts conversing together! She wore a white dress, with a pinafore and had black hair with curly ringlets, cascading down to her shoulders. We would play hand clapping games, you know the kind such as "Miss Mary Mac." As I grew up and moved away to another state, I didn't really experience much and the thought of ghosts and the paranormal faded. That was soon to change!

What a beautiful experience to carry you through a tragic event. My sincere condolences at the loss of your mother. Thank you for sharing such a deeply personal experience. It will inspire others and give hope that life continues. Love never dies.

Reactions: Donna Lee