Advice

Here’s a related question for you Duke - one which Benway, Oz, or another British subject matter might be able to answer too.

Do most UK restaurants continuously brew coffee like they do here in the USA?

For those unfamiliar with this custom, most restaurants in the USA have a glass coffee pot at the ready. In fact, most restaurants have a setup for two pots sitting side by side so that a fresh pot can be brewing while the other pot is available to serve from. [This is clearly not the Starbucks method.]
No. Sadly. Though I can see the logic. I mean, if you do it for coffee then in the interests in fairness places would have to do it for beer too and that would be the best party ever but would destroy the entire country!

The closest thing we have here is steak sauce, like A1. The locals use it kind of like we use ketchup (which is not called "red sauce" over there, btw) here. I've seen it put on eggs, fish & chips, bacon sandwiches, sausage rolls, etc.
Little kids called it red sauce when I was one and the odd adult might but it's rare.

I think your Mom called it. I tell people who ask me for advice that I give opinions, not advice.
I like this. I’m going to file this away.

Reactions: Debi