Advice

When tightening something mechanical by hand, snug is tight enough. Too tight can lead to 1) breaking and 2) never getting the thing apart in the future. This advice is from personal experience.

Reactions: Benway and Duke
What the heck is that?
The closest thing we have here is steak sauce, like A1. The locals use it kind of like we use ketchup (which is not called "red sauce" over there, btw) here. I've seen it put on eggs, fish & chips, bacon sandwiches, sausage rolls, etc.

Reactions: Benway
The closest thing we have here is steak sauce, like A1. The locals use it kind of like we use ketchup (which is not called "red sauce" over there, btw) here. I've seen it put on eggs, fish & chips, bacon sandwiches, sausage rolls, etc.
I am so glad we have English to ENGLISH translators here!
Debi asked my question.
Sorry! lol

• Haha
Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I am so glad we have English to ENGLISH translators here!
I actually bought an American-English dictionary back in the late 90s. Money well spent.

In another post somewhere I mentioned the UK word "boffin." There it means someone in a specialized technical field, usually with a university degree. Engineer, on other the other hand, is used there for a mechanic or technician. This caused some problems in dealings with our British friends.

The most amusing was when one of the Brits called an engineer from Texas (Lockheed) a boffin. Tex thought the guy was calling him gay. It almost got ugly.

Reactions: Benway