Advice Needed - Daughter is seeing ghosts

I asked her why she didn't tell us about it for so long. Her response was that it was scary to talk about. Those that have been through it, Does that sound like an accurate description of how you felt telling your parents?
Texdad, I will share a brief bit of a story that happened to my daughter when she was about seven. But so as not to hijack your thread, I will post it in a separate thread in this forum.

Hey Texdad,

My kids are 10 and 13 so I can understand your concern. You have gotten some good advice here, so some of what I have to say my sound familiar.

Being a new house doesn't make it immune to the paranormal. Many years ago when I lived in New Mexico a buddy of mine was one of the first people to buy a home in a brand new development. A few weeks later he threw a party and invited the entire neighborhood, which was about 9 people at the time. During the party he pulled me aside to point out things that he and his wife find either moved or knocked over when the come home from work or sometimes when they wake up in the morning. He also said that he had seen black shadows moving down the hallway. A neighbor overhead this conversation and said "Your house has them too?!" It turns out that the valley where this neighborhood was built used to be where the native Indians would migrate and stay during winter and many would have froze to death on that land.

The idea that it/they may have been around the house for years is interesting. This sounds like something intelligent and if so then there has to be a reason it's there, either it can't leave or it doesn't want to leave. Neither reason automatically means that this is something evil or malevolent. From what it sounds like there have been noises, apparitions and creepy/uneasy feelings but no one has been physically harmed or developed a deep self loathing because of this. This would lead me away from the idea of a dark entity and towards the idea that it may be someone who is lost, confused, scared or possibly just lonely. The etiquette of spirits is a bit different from how living people interact so there are sometimes things which seem scary but aren't done with ill intent. Imagine being in a room with someone and you can't seem to get their attention. You'd start by calling out to them, then yelling, maybe start throwing things at them or physically tapping them or shaking them. You aren't doing it to be mean, you just want to communicate. If there are several people in the room and one happens to react to you then you are going to focus specifically on that one person.

As to taking pictures or trying to get EVPs, there is some disagreement over whether it's something you should do in your own house. On the one hand you might be encouraging whatever entity may be present and the EVP might say things you don't want to hear. However, since you live in the house, running your own investigation might result in more solid findings because it's not a bunch of strange people wandering around. If anything is there, it's used to you and your family. There is a theory that the veil between our corporeal world and theirs keeps us from being able to to see them clearly, but it works both ways so they aren't able to see us either. The shadows or shapes that we see when they are around is likely what they see when around us. Some people are more attuned to them and can see them more clearly and more often, these people are likely more clearly seen by them as well. By going out of your way to look for something you may also be making yourself more visible to whatever is there.

If it were me I'd conduct the investigation but with a clear goal of finding out what it is and how to make it go away. A human spirit needs to "cross over" into the afterlife awaiting them. A non human entity needs to told it's not welcome anymore and driven out.

i agree with stevedog. when my parents retired they built a house on a hill in WV on 163 acres of land. the house was on the highest point. i felt it was haunted from the get go. my first impression was they probably built it on an indian burial ground. the indians probably didn't like the white man anyway but when my parents did that, all heck broke loose. i could tell you horror stories about that house when i visited. i'll start a thread about it.

Hey Texdad,

My kids are 10 and 13 so I can understand your concern. You have gotten some good advice here, so some of what I have to say my sound familiar.

Being a new house doesn't make it immune to the paranormal. Many years ago when I lived in New Mexico a buddy of mine was one of the first people to buy a home in a brand new development. A few weeks later he threw a party and invited the entire neighborhood, which was about 9 people at the time. During the party he pulled me aside to point out things that he and his wife find either moved or knocked over when the come home from work or sometimes when they wake up in the morning. He also said that he had seen black shadows moving down the hallway. A neighbor overhead this conversation and said "Your house has them too?!" It turns out that the valley where this neighborhood was built used to be where the native Indians would migrate and stay during winter and many would have froze to death on that land.

The idea that it/they may have been around the house for years is interesting. This sounds like something intelligent and if so then there has to be a reason it's there, either it can't leave or it doesn't want to leave. Neither reason automatically means that this is something evil or malevolent. From what it sounds like there have been noises, apparitions and creepy/uneasy feelings but no one has been physically harmed or developed a deep self loathing because of this. This would lead me away from the idea of a dark entity and towards the idea that it may be someone who is lost, confused, scared or possibly just lonely. The etiquette of spirits is a bit different from how living people interact so there are sometimes things which seem scary but aren't done with ill intent. Imagine being in a room with someone and you can't seem to get their attention. You'd start by calling out to them, then yelling, maybe start throwing things at them or physically tapping them or shaking them. You aren't doing it to be mean, you just want to communicate. If there are several people in the room and one happens to react to you then you are going to focus specifically on that one person.

As to taking pictures or trying to get EVPs, there is some disagreement over whether it's something you should do in your own house. On the one hand you might be encouraging whatever entity may be present and the EVP might say things you don't want to hear. However, since you live in the house, running your own investigation might result in more solid findings because it's not a bunch of strange people wandering around. If anything is there, it's used to you and your family. There is a theory that the veil between our corporeal world and theirs keeps us from being able to to see them clearly, but it works both ways so they aren't able to see us either. The shadows or shapes that we see when they are around is likely what they see when around us. Some people are more attuned to them and can see them more clearly and more often, these people are likely more clearly seen by them as well. By going out of your way to look for something you may also be making yourself more visible to whatever is there.

If it were me I'd conduct the investigation but with a clear goal of finding out what it is and how to make it go away. A human spirit needs to "cross over" into the afterlife awaiting them. A non human entity needs to told it's not welcome anymore and driven out.
Excellent advice.

Absolutely, Thank you.

I am far from a skeptic for this kind of thing, but I never believed that I would experience it. So I am still kind of shocked by it.

Yes, we have lived in this area since before this land was developed. It was a cow pasture up until they broke ground around 2006. So maybe there was something going on here before that (many years ago).

The good news is that my wife and I are open minded to the paranormal so she will certainly not get dismissed.

My daughter is going to be 10 next month and my son is 11.

Can you share some of your experiences and how you learned to deal with them? As I said my daughter is seeing mist in the shape of humans and not able to make out details. I have heard of people seeing entities that appear as solid living people and shadow people. However, I don't recall hearing something that fit this description.

Another thing that comes to mind. Let's say she does have a gift. Is this something that we should encourage her to develop or "practice" for lack of a better word. Our is it more of a curse, that if it goes away then that would be ideal?
Sorry for the belated response had to install a new dryer and been real busy. Got a lot going on lately.

So as to my experiences everything I know about my paranormal experiences were told to me by mom I was so young I don't remember them. But later on in my teens I remember some stuff.

So when I finally got to about 15 or 16 I had this spiritual acceleration happen were things just kept getting deeper and deeper or magnified. I think this was mainly just fate or past knowledge or something but it just came to be like clairevoince I think is what it's called. I have a few psychic abilities I can't use all of them but some I think I have tuned over the years. I think that specific experiences can trigger these events or to begin quicker. Which would be unknown to use before hand. For me when I went through this revolution of self, I thought that the only way to justify my existence is to be the best human I could be. Because our existence in today's society involves taking from others in a variety of unknown seen ways. Anyways I went down a super spiritual path at that point and learned a lot about all the religions I thought truly had some good in it (excluding satanism and stuff like that). I found I had a very deep connection to shamanism and that it was a big part of my past lives and the knowledge I gained from them. I also feel that it has a lot to do with who I call on for protection in my tool belt. I started actively looking for deeper truths and building myself to be the best human I can be. Then the activity got higher. It wasn't bad at all they were giving my incredible knowledge at an incredible rate. I learned so many lessons and so much about myself. It was incredibly positive. I was in a great place. I also learned the basics of protection because a little later was when I first started having forces moving against me. I had aligned myself with the light and as a result the dark was aligning against me. When you are a person who is bringing the light to the world you are a spiritual warrior and a spiritual battle will occur eventually. You prepare yourself with the knowledge to overcome the challenge. Maybe this is just the shamanistic view coming out but I think it also applies to Christianity. I studied the bible for a entire year in it's entirety in class at a Christian school with chapel everyday. I respect both. So this is a fact to accept. That even Jesus believed that what he should tell his disciples over and over is his story with demons and temptation in the desert. As a spiritually awakened person you attract both, but when you make a decision to align yourself either way of the battle then there is a reaction to that. The key to winning each battle is to have no fear. They (negative) operate from our fears. Yet it is a natural thing like the yin and yang.

But then I moved to the ghetto for about 3 years. Like seriously bad stuff had happened and was happening all around me. It was only with me and my wife's protection we survived. In the last apartment before we moved back home it was infested with demons. We had to have a crash course in protecting ourselves and we contacted a paranormal society because it was so bad my wife was choked unconscious with finger marks around her neck of a hand and us and others were scratched badly in that apartment. It was just under Hollywood level. We got holy water, palo santo, and sage and began multiple daily cleaning and blessing rituals. We got very familiar with our shamanistic animal oracles. We asked the animals spirits for help acknowledging specific animals and asking them for help. We would have affirmations of their help frequently in a variety of ways which I can go into if you want. I would call on the wolf and it would help. Many others. We called on Quan yin who is helpful. The jade master. And some of the Greek pantheon like Hermes who helps with communication.

As to your question about your daughter having a gift and what to do. I would say just sit back and let her do her own thing and if she comes to you asking for advice give her your best then obviously. I would give some cautions as she gets older to decide whether she wants to be a good person and just to encourage her to be a good person in general. It's really up to her ultimately and it's one of those things as a parent you can't control. It's a personal choice for every person. For example if you had the choice to communicate with the dead and unseen or not to which would you decide? It's a big decision. And it's no one's place to judge another's decisions. For some people yes they do want that clarity into the beyond, others would prefer not. But those who choose not to may not be able to fully control if they do or do not have psychic or paranormal experiences like your daughter who likely at first wasn't even trying to manifest anything like that it just came to her. And that's how it starts for all of us. But eventually you come to a choice of to go down the rabbit hole and not no where you're going to land or to stay where you're at. For me I could feel in my bones there was ancient knowledge out there that would change our society for the better. To start a paradigm shift away from the future that our society is going towards.

Further I think there may be little difference between some ET and "angels" light beings, interdimensional travelers that come to us in specific times in our lives based on our fate and our energy waves (emotion) we manifest. Even Buddhist talk about manifesting love, this is a very profound thing and the Hindu's as well of manifesting love as a beacon to ET's or higher spiritual or celestial beings. Whom we want to come and help us from the demons that are truly here on earth.

It is a all a mental thing. Even after you die. What you know and the experiences you have will come with you after you die I believe. It's imperative you prepare yourself for death spiritually and intellectually so you aren't one of those people who spent their whole life focused on their ATTACHMENTS, they are lost when they die. No clue what to do or where to go and they have shunned their spirit guides for so long they have no connection to them and no idea they can call them. Or are too afraid to let go of their attachments (lovers, money, family etc) to move on.

For me I do some EVP work and try and communicate with some spirits to help them pass on but it's a serious challenge not always possible for everyone.

Reactions: garnetsilver
TexDad,
I do not have any advise but what I want to do is to acknowledge that accepting that the paranormal is real and that you and your entire family have been experiencing it for years, is not an easy situation to deal with. Your reality will forever be changed now that you have accepted this fact. It will take some time for things to feel "normal" again...or should i say, you and your family will create a "new normal" and you will ALL be closer for it.
I want to also say that I am very happy to hear you and your wife did not dismiss your childs claims and it appears you both handled the situation just as many of us wish our parents would have when we came to them talking about "wierd things" that couldnt be explained.
Well Done, Mom and Dad!

Love&Light

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
UPDATE:

Well, last night I talked to my daughter. I think I have a bit more insight as to what is going on. First, let me say that I always thought I was really open minded about the paranormal. However, being faced with it I can now say that I wasn't.

My wife and I are in total shock and our reality has been challenged to say the least. I don't think it is possible to describe how this has affected us. It just opens up so many possibilities that it is hard to express.

Now that we know this I believe that we have had paranormal activity that we blew off. My wife has reported loud noises a few times that we can't explain. I have heard noises that sounded like people where home when I knew I was alone.

When my wife and I discussed this last night we were both just laughing... we couldn't believe that we were seriously having that conversation.

Now for the update.

Most of the information that I got from my wife was confirmed. However, what I did gather, I am theorizing that the activity is focused on the Northeast corner of our house. I am now convinced that my experience was a real paranormal event as this is the room that it happened.

I am concerned that it might be attached to my son more than my daughter. I believe this because the event that I had was in his room when we had him downstairs. My daughter sees them going into and out of my sons room now. She has recently seen them in this downstairs room as well.

What is really freaking me out and I am having a lot of trouble accepting\believing is that my son is the sweetest kid. I mean 99% of the time him is the sweetest most innocent child. So much so, that it hurts me to think about when the realities of the world creep into him.

However, there are times where he can become an absolute demon, for the lack of a better word. He has been this way his entire life. After what my daughter said she experienced with the entity coming out of her I am now wondering if that may be what is happening with him.

My daughter says that she believes that they're trying to get inside and control her. This is a total challenge to my reality.

She describes them as gray in color and she is seeing them clearly enough that she can see which way they're facing. She told me of one she saw within the last few weeks that came out of the room mentioned earlier. It wasn't looking at her. It just faced the wall. She says that she sees them running and knows of at least two individual entities.

She says that they know she can see them and believes they avoid her because of this.

I asked her why she didn't tell us about it for so long. Her response was that it was scary to talk about. Those that have been through it, Does that sound like an accurate description of how you felt telling your parents?

She says she has seen them "millions of times" but ONLY in our house. she has never seen them anywhere else. She sees them day and night.

She believes that all this started after she had a really strange dream that took place in that downstairs room. Something about the light flickering or something. It was hard to follow what she was saying.

I printed out the prayer of protection and we have it taped to her wall. This made her really happy.

We're not very religious, so we really don't have any ties to a church, but I have a close friend that is, and I am going to contact him and ask for help in getting our house blessed. This is going to totally blow his mind and I can't believe I need to have this conversation with anyone...

Sorry for the rambling. I am just trying to relay any information that might provide insight to those with experience with this stuff.
Thanks for the update now take a deep breath. Knowing and acknowledging there is an issue is half the battle. I recommend talking to Debi about how to proceed in a personal message.

Reactions: Debi
When I first had an experience of spirit attachment that I remember that I was uncomfortable was when I went into the first apartment someone had committed suicide in it kept happening afterwards as in kept finding myself at the spot people had killed themselves at.

This woman and dark thing attached itself to me and I had about 2-3 months of heavy blessings and using palo santo, sage, frankincense, etc. I had to command it to leave and when I moved it got better and that specific entity left me but I kept finding myself in these places and other darker stuff started following us at that point. Which is when the real battle started.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
When I first had an experience of spirit attachment that I remember that I was uncomfortable was when I went into the first apartment someone had committed suicide in it kept happening afterwards as in kept finding myself at the spot people had killed themselves at.

This woman and dark thing attached itself to me and I had about 2-3 months of heavy blessings and using palo santo, sage, frankincense, etc. I had to command it to leave and when I moved it got better and that specific entity left me but I kept finding myself in these places and other darker stuff started following us at that point. Which is when the real battle started.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad time.