Advice Needed - Daughter is seeing ghosts

Spirits can project emotions as a way of communicating which is what I think the feeling of irrability was.
I’d err on the side of caution. Irritability can also be from any negative energy coming from these spirits.

As a dad I don’t care if it’s a person or a spirit but if someone or something makes them uncomfortable I pick up on that cue and react as necessary. But that’s just from my experience

Reactions: Mikaru
I'm from Texas, also. Born and raised but in Ohio now. My husband has family up here after losing our parents. But I've seen some weird things in our last house. My dad might be trying to come to me and he use to say he'd come see me after passing. So I'm not sure what I saw. I saw a glimpse of our little lhasa boy dog Blackjack about 2 years after he passed. He was staring at me while I was on computer. But he was all perfect and groomed and looked years younger than in life. It was comforting. Then he vanished. Think he was saying hi. I have seen some mists like that. She's describing it really well. I've had some things like that. Glimpses and figures. Not mists but some might have been flashes. I think they will stop once she gets older. Praying and maybe have the house blessed. Just something to consider. Good luck. They don't seem to be harmful. That's good. Hi Texan people here. I've been in Texas all my life till a year and a half ago. I'm liking four seasons up here. And snow. So far, it's good here. But a lot colder. lol I hope I can handle it again this winter. Not minuses. Not a fan of them. lol

Thanks all,

Really good advice. and the fellow Texans is reassuring as well.

I am going to try to get more information from my daughter and need to talk to my son as well. I don't want to be too pushy in trying to get that information so will be a bit of a slow process. I am not even sure if my daughter is okay with my wife talking to me about yet. So I need to rely on my wife to ask the questions at this point.

We're going to step up the Bible reading as that seems to help quite a bit. I am very curious and would like to get some answers if at all possible. I'd like to know why they're here. I downloaded an EVP recorder... Not sure how that will work, but worth a try. I am going to suggest that my daughter try to take some pictures and maybe use the EVP recorder as well.

I will keep updating as I learn more.

Hi Texan people here. I've been in Texas all my life till a year and a half ago. I'm liking four seasons up here. And snow. So far, it's good here. But a lot colder. lol I hope I can handle it again this winter. Not minuses. Not a fan of them. lol

I am starting to dread summers here. I used to love the heat... As I get older and wider... The heat is less and less fun. :grimacing:

Welcome to the forum, Texdad, and yes....many others have had this type of thing occur. Just take a moment to read a few stories here and you will find them.

I am sorry your children are having to deal with this. It can be a scary thing for kids, but your daughter sounds like she's past the fear and into the "I've had it" stage. Which on it's own is a very good attitude to have! I would counsel her to feel free to tell these mists to leave her alone. She can voice that out loud to them. It appears her glare has at least given that impression to these entities but voicing it can help keep them at bay. Many times they are looking for an invitation, and your daughter needs to tell them no!

First thing as a parent, I would ask for clergy to bless the house. Don't know your faith, and even if you don't have one, get clergy to give a house blessing. Just because a house is built new, that doesn't mean that something attached to the land or nearby won't come into it. Or another dozen reasons for it I could list. Next, you as a PARENT can put up boundaries to these entities. Reclaim your home. Speak outloud and tell these things that this is YOUR home, YOUR children, and they are not to touch, scare or otherwise invade their dreams or bodies in any way. The irritation the girl describes sounds like it has either been close or tried to go into her. You need to forcefully and firmly state your boundaries to these entities.

Now, before we get into the saging and warding section, let me ask you if you or anyone in the family has had any past or current association with the occult or ouija boards, etc.
First, Hi, to all!

I need some advice on how to best approach something and I would like to pick your collective brains on something.

Before I begin, let me give you some background.

We have lived in our house for about 10 years. Our house is in a new subdivision and we are the original owner. We selected the lot and all the options and had the house built etc... So not some scary old farm house.

My daughter is almost 10 and very level headed and someone who is extremely positive, manages to always see the bright side of any challenge. We also have an 11 year old son.

My wife and I are very open to the paranormal. However, we have never had an unmistakable paranormal experience. I will share our questionable experiences later.

Recently, my daughter confided in my wife that she had been seeing ghost in our house for several years. She describes them as white mist that are in the distinctive shape of a human. She says that most of them are child sized, but has also seen adult sized forms.

The most striking experience she shared was one where she woke up late one weekend morning. She said that she felt very irritated and didn't know why. She was standing in her room and grabbed her comfort toy (think security blanket) and hugged it. She said at this point a mist type entity left her and was standing right in front of her. She described it as about the same size as her and fuzzy without definitive form. She was unable to determine if it was male or female. She then said that the irritated feeling went away.

She said she had seen them so many times by this point she was just annoyed so she glared at the entity and it left and went away. She said that since then, they leave her alone, but she still sees them pretty much nightly. She also sees them often during the day.

She is now concerned that they are trying to get to my son. She routinely sees them outside her room and describes them as running. She clearly sees their form, arms and legs etc... However, she can't tell if they're male or female.

Because of how my daughter is, I have zero doubts about her sincerity. She is not someone who would make stuff up. She is also approaching this more in frustration rather than fear. She is very frustrated that no one else has seen them.

She said that she asked her brother if he had seen anything. He apparently has but didn't elaborate... My wife is going to ask him what if anything he might have seen as soon as she gets a chance.

This revelation has us reexamining anything strange that we have experienced.

My wife has heard some very strange noises that we can't explain.

The strangest experience I had was when my son was about 3yrs old and was going through the night terrors. He woke up crying around 2am or so. I went to his room and I saw a child's silhouette which I assumed was him. I reached my arms out to usher him to me for comfort, but he got to me unexpectedly fast based on the distance of the figure I had seen. When he got to me he said "Boy in there". I was a little freaked out by it, but I wrote it off as being half asleep etc... Now I am not so sure.

I have also heard noises when no one is home that I would equate to sounds heard when people are home. Not slap you in the face obvious, but bumps and thuds.

So... has anyone been though something like this? I would really like to hear any insights that you all might have.

Thank You
Hi Texdad,

You definitely are not alone in this. This kind of stuff happens all the time to more kids than you know. You have a right to be concerned though. Everything Debi has said is right on the money. The reason why they seem to stay away when reading the bible is because they aren't child spirits at all. As innocent as they may seem, caution is imperative and invitation of any kind from you or the children should be avoided. Definitely continue with the bible reading and if you feel comfortable pray with the children for protection. Please let us know how things continue to go.

Reactions: Charleh
I definitely understand hating the heat! Gives me migraines! Why am I yelling?!

Be careful with the EVP recordings. I once went to hear a Paranormal investigator giving a talk, and she said often you hear things you wish you didn't if you use one of those things. Just saying, be prepared! She meant that you can never go back to blissful oblivion to whatever is around you, I guess. I already have the ability to hear things, so I don't need any help, lol. I am glad that you will step up the bible readings and pray more, since negative energy can usually be pushed out by positive energy!

BTW, my Dad was born and raised in Texas, and raised a tribe of kids prone to the Paranormal.;)

Hi and welcome Texdad. I’m sorry I’m a bit late to the discussion. I agree with much of the advice here. I would advise against doing any communication with these entries other than commanding them to stop, leave, or setting your boundaries. Talking to them as in EVP encourages the activity. It gives permission to them to be involved in your business. I hope you decide not to do that.

I have a daughter that was the same as a child. She was VERY disturbed by it. She also blew lightbulbs and electrical devices. I sought help everywhere. NOBODY had advice that was helpful back then. She is 28 now. The best advice came from a psysic. She told me to allow her to decide how she wanted to handle the gift. Give her the sense of control by empowering her to control the situation. She can speak out loud to them. Teach her to control her space with strong intention. She recommended a night light and a cat. The cat will alert her to spirit activity and also be a companion. There is a protection that cats offer. I don’t know why (someone here will probably know ). I did these things and although the activity continued she handled it well. With age and her strong intention to deny the gift , it has faded.

I would be more than willing to discuss with you any other personal questions on PM anytime. I have lived this situation.

UPDATE:

Well, last night I talked to my daughter. I think I have a bit more insight as to what is going on. First, let me say that I always thought I was really open minded about the paranormal. However, being faced with it I can now say that I wasn't.

My wife and I are in total shock and our reality has been challenged to say the least. I don't think it is possible to describe how this has affected us. It just opens up so many possibilities that it is hard to express.

Now that we know this I believe that we have had paranormal activity that we blew off. My wife has reported loud noises a few times that we can't explain. I have heard noises that sounded like people where home when I knew I was alone.

When my wife and I discussed this last night we were both just laughing... we couldn't believe that we were seriously having that conversation.

Now for the update.

Most of the information that I got from my wife was confirmed. However, what I did gather, I am theorizing that the activity is focused on the Northeast corner of our house. I am now convinced that my experience was a real paranormal event as this is the room that it happened.

I am concerned that it might be attached to my son more than my daughter. I believe this because the event that I had was in his room when we had him downstairs. My daughter sees them going into and out of my sons room now. She has recently seen them in this downstairs room as well.

What is really freaking me out and I am having a lot of trouble accepting\believing is that my son is the sweetest kid. I mean 99% of the time him is the sweetest most innocent child. So much so, that it hurts me to think about when the realities of the world creep into him.

However, there are times where he can become an absolute demon, for the lack of a better word. He has been this way his entire life. After what my daughter said she experienced with the entity coming out of her I am now wondering if that may be what is happening with him.

My daughter says that she believes that they're trying to get inside and control her. This is a total challenge to my reality.

She describes them as gray in color and she is seeing them clearly enough that she can see which way they're facing. She told me of one she saw within the last few weeks that came out of the room mentioned earlier. It wasn't looking at her. It just faced the wall. She says that she sees them running and knows of at least two individual entities.

She says that they know she can see them and believes they avoid her because of this.

I asked her why she didn't tell us about it for so long. Her response was that it was scary to talk about. Those that have been through it, Does that sound like an accurate description of how you felt telling your parents?

She says she has seen them "millions of times" but ONLY in our house. she has never seen them anywhere else. She sees them day and night.

She believes that all this started after she had a really strange dream that took place in that downstairs room. Something about the light flickering or something. It was hard to follow what she was saying.

I printed out the prayer of protection and we have it taped to her wall. This made her really happy.

We're not very religious, so we really don't have any ties to a church, but I have a close friend that is, and I am going to contact him and ask for help in getting our house blessed. This is going to totally blow his mind and I can't believe I need to have this conversation with anyone...

Sorry for the rambling. I am just trying to relay any information that might provide insight to those with experience with this stuff.