Action Near Pleiades Star Cluster

Galexy

Reaction score
I've seen UFOs before. One night, I was just watching the sky for hours. And I saw, near the Pleiades star cluster, a sudden bright light. Like a star, small. But it blinked white and then disappeared. Then at the other end of the cluster, the same thing happened. Then the first spot did it again. Both of them were blinking on and off, back and forth, then stopped.

Way too high up to be a plane and it looked to me as if they were alerting each other of their presence. It was really interesting.

Has anyone else seen this near the Pleiades star cluster?

I've seen UFOs before. One night, I was just watching the sky for hours. And I saw, near the Pleiades star cluster, a sudden bright light. Like a star, small. But it blinked white and then disappeared. Then at the other end of the cluster, the same thing happened. Then the first spot did it again. Both of them were blinking on and off, back and forth, then stopped.

Way too high up to be a plane and it looked to me as if they were alerting each other of their presence. It was really interesting.

Has anyone else seen this near the Pleiades star cluster?
I have not, Galexy. But your sighting is interesting. Any chance it was salellite or the space station?

I have not, Galexy. But your sighting is interesting. Any chance it was salellite or the space station?
Do they go THAT high up? I mean, it's possible I thought it was further than it was, but it looked to be about as far as the cluster itself, which is of course very far. I don't think it was a satelitte because there were 2 that were blinking on and off, back and forth. Then it stopped. I'm not sure how satellites or space stations look from Earth but I'll check some videos out later if I can find any.

I would think that any intelligent life would have to be pretty close to Earth for the human eye to see it.

Reactions: Paulm and Galexy
I would think that any intelligent life would have to be pretty close to Earth for the human eye to see it.
Close in that sense, yes that is true haha. Although I mean, we can see Jupiter as well, and I suppose it is considered close in a way, but not close enough for there to be a satelitte near it haha.

Do they go THAT high up? I mean, it's possible I thought it was further than it was, but it looked to be about as far as the cluster itself, which is of course very far. I don't think it was a satelitte because there were 2 that were blinking on and off, back and forth. Then it stopped. I'm not sure how satellites or space stations look from Earth but I'll check some videos out later if I can find any.
when you said they went back and forth, that tells me that if it wasn't an aircraft, it definitely isn't a satellite. i dont know if you own a telescope, but if you do, have you ever considered getting footage with a camera adapter? those can be easily made if you cant buy one.

Reactions: Galexy and Paulm
when you said they went back and forth, that tells me that if it wasn't an aircraft, it definitely isn't a satellite. i dont know if you own a telescope, but if you do, have you ever considered getting footage with a camera adapter? those can be easily made if you cant buy one.
I dont own one atm, but I would like to get one again.

Reactions: Lynne
The sky is always a fun watch ! Keep looking up