Acronyms

Putting them politely (you will get an idea of what banned words should fit. If not, they begin with the same letter.....):

TARFU - Things Are Really Fluffed Up (can also be, Totally And Royally Fluffed Up)
SNAFU - Situation Normal, All Fluffed Up
FUBAR - Fluffed Up Beyond All Recognition

There is another stage beyond FUBAR, and that is SFUINEF (sfoo-in-ef) - So Fluffed Up It's Not Even Funny!!
Nicely done.

Reactions: Paulm
My favorite military acronym was one I heard used in a briefing early in my career by a grizzled old retired (SEA veteran) USN WO...REMF.
Being infantry, REMF was a very common term of affection for certain occupations, lol.....

Reactions: Duke
Putting them politely (you will get an idea of what banned words should fit. If not, they begin with the same letter.....):

TARFU - Things Are Really Fluffed Up (can also be, Totally And Royally Fluffed Up)
SNAFU - Situation Normal, All Fluffed Up
FUBAR - Fluffed Up Beyond All Recognition

There is another stage beyond FUBAR, and that is SFUINEF (sfoo-in-ef) - So Fluffed Up It's Not Even Funny!!
I use FUBAR.

Hanging around combat aircrew I picked the habit of using the military phonetic alphabet to abbreviate certain impolite or inappropriate expressions/phrases.
I only use one these days, "Tango Uniform," to describe something or someone inoperable/dead.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Hanging around combat aircrew I picked the habit of using the military phonetic alphabet to abbreviate certain impolite or inappropriate expressions/phrases.
I only use one these days, "Tango Uniform," to describe something or someone inoperable/dead.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

That is a whole new post topic right there, Duke :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm and Duke
TANSTAAFL There Ain't no such thing as a free lunch

I use a lot of those mentioned above a lot. I worked for 15 years in a shipyard and developed an extremely extensive and colorful vocabulary. When I switched professions and was working for people in their homes I had to clean things up a bunch!

Reactions: Debi
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

That is a whole new post topic right there, Duke :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
that IS another topic , that along with just different words to describe things or nicknames, grunt, leg, squid, etc.... two phonetic words i still use a lot are CHARLIE MIKE, and ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT... just 2 that stuck with me for different reasons...lol

Reactions: Debi and Duke