Accidents

Yes, that’s the place I’m thinking of Debi. I drove through there last night at about 11:25PM. ‘Feels” more eerie at night too.

I saw some kind of TV episode on this about a year ago. Big surprise that I didn’t learn about this in my first 14 years living here.
Been through at night myself. Gotta agree...the place can feel really strange!

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I'm thinking that what we call time slowing down is really a person in an adrenaline mind rush, speed thinking if you will. All of a sudden the mind goes into overdrive, accesses the situation in record time, and the mind and body react.

In sports, we often talk about time slowing down. When a quarterback sees a 300 pound lineman racing towards him, he quickly scans the field for a pass receiver, and dumps the ball off - if he's lucky. He gets creamed if time doesn't slow down enough.

Baseball players often see time slowing down enough to identity a 95 mph fastball, swing and make contact; or identify an 85 mph curve ball and determine if it's going to be a ball or strike. It is commonly said that time slows down for the best athletes.

I'm thinking that what we call time slowing down is really a person in an adrenaline mind rush, speed thinking if you will. All of a sudden the mind goes into overdrive, accesses the situation in record time, and the mind and body react.

In sports, we often talk about time slowing down. When a quarterback sees a 300 pound lineman racing towards him, he quickly scans the field for a pass receiver, and dumps the ball off - if he's lucky. He gets creamed if time doesn't slow down enough.

Baseball players often see time slowing down enough to identity a 95 mph fastball, swing and make contact; or identify an 85 mph curve ball and determine if it's going to be a ball or strike. It is commonly said that time slows down for the best athletes.
Interesting! I was unaware of that!

Reactions: ozentity
Not a major accident but a step ladder broke on me,before I fell it was like I was standing on air for what seemed like 30 seconds.I witnessed a large evil looking face staring at me,then I fell,scraping a large area of skin off my shin,painfull but not life threatening.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Not a major accident but a step ladder broke on me,before I fell it was like I was standing on air for what seemed like 30 seconds.I witnessed a large evil looking face staring at me,then I fell,scraping a large area of skin off my shin,painfull but not life threatening.
Ladders are no longer allowed to be used by the male members of my family. I swear, it's a family curse they fall off of them every time.

Your story scares the hell outta me! :eek:

Ladders are no longer allowed to be used by the male members of my family. I swear, it's a family curse they fall off of them every time.

Your story scares the hell outta me! :eek:
A few years ago now but I remember the face,about 4 times bigger than a human.It was the face of the previous owner but nasty/evil looking,who I found out later had died shortly after moving.After your families experience on ladders,I don't blame you Debi.I remember laying on the ground in agony calling for help and my kids trying to keep a straight face .Sympathy missed the boat with that lot, lol.

Reactions: Debi
My other PNF post on this subject Debi happened on I-4 here in Central Florida. I think that the extreme flatness of the terrain somehow influences physics in other mystical ways :p making these kind of near misses common.
Where is that post on your accident ?

A few years ago now but I remember the face,about 4 times bigger than a human.It was the face of the previous owner but nasty/evil looking,who I found out later had died shortly after moving.After your families experience on ladders,I don't blame you Debi.I remember laying on the ground in agony calling for help and my kids trying to keep a straight face .Sympathy missed the boat with that lot, lol.
Glad you were ok Oz. That could have been bad. Tell the old ghost to get lost.