Aaand the scene...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I'VE ASKED YOU IN THE OTHER THREAD WHAT SCENE MAKES YOU CRY, NOW, WHAT SCENE MAKES YOU LAUGH? THERE IS ONE THAT IS SO RELATABLE TO ME IT GETS ME EVERY TIME:

Reactions: garnetsilver
May we post video clips with vulgarity?

the-jerk-steve-martin-1979-universal-picturescourtesy-everett-collection-E5MGYW.jpg
download.jpeg

The guy being briefed is the director of the CIA, played by one of my favorite actors, J K Simmons. The first clip sets up the story, the second clip is the movie ending.

What makes this so funny to me is I've sat in on meetings like this where a timid mid level guy has to give a general bad news. David Rasche, who plays the briefer (Palmer), played these scenes beautifully.

The guy being briefed is the director of the CIA, played by one of my favorite actors, J K Simmons. The first clip sets up the story, the second clip is the movie ending.

What makes this so funny to me is I've sat in on meetings like this where a timid mid level guy has to give a general bad news. David Rasche, who plays the briefer (Palmer), played these scenes beautifully.
now that is some funny stuff right there....lol...probably for the same reasons you found it funny............takes me back to a time when "fubar" and "cluster uhm flop" (yeah thatll do), were part of the normal vocabulary......

This is my fav movie clip. I’ve posted it before. It never gets old.

Reactions: Debi