A WWII Ghost Story

Cool story, but the photo showing the ghost isn't real.

Looks at the leaves on the ground and in the trees. There is no change of season in that part of Maylasia, the temps ranges from the 90s down to the 70s year round. No palm trees or tropical foliage, either.

Also, the "ghost soldier" in the photo is wearing what looks more like WW1 gear, or at the very least isn't the hot weather/tropical gear British soldiers would have been issued on Malaysia in 1941.

My guess is the "ghost soldier" is a memorial in a photo taken in a cemetery in the UK.

Cool story, but the photo showing the ghost isn't real.

Looks at the leaves on the ground and in the trees. There is no change of season in that part of Maylasia, the temps ranges from the 90s down to the 70s year round. No palm trees or tropical foliage, either.

Also, the "ghost soldier" in the photo is wearing what looks more like WW1 gear, or at the very least isn't the hot weather/tropical gear British soldiers would have been issued on Malaysia in 1941.

My guess is the "ghost soldier" is a memorial in a photo taken in a cemetery in the UK.
Good debunking Duke, I thought the ghost looked like a statue too. I even got out my magnifying glass to try to see it closer. The story is told like a campfire tale and didn't really give much detail. I can fully believe a spot like that would be haunted though.