A Stonehenge in Lake Michigan

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
A 9,000 Year Old Stonehenge At The Bottom Of Lake Michigan? | Ancient Code

Did you know that there is a 9,000-year-old Stonehenge at the bottom of Lake Michigan? According to researchers, not only is there a complex site at the bottom of the lake, but diving expeditions have photographed intricate carvings on submerged boulders.

traverse-bay-underwater-Stonehenge.jpg

It seems that Scientists have definitely stumbled across an incredible anceitn structure located at the Bottom of Lake Michigan. Even though the discovery was made in 2007; a few people have heard of its existence.
Located 40 feet under the surface of Lake Michigan, Professor of Underwater Archaeology Mark Hooley discovered the site with his colleague Brian Abbot after exploring the lake in a ship with sonar equipment. While they initially were hoping to find lost shipwrecks, they stumbled upon one of the most incredible discoveries in the last decades.

After several sweeps, they discovered a set of stones on the bottom of the lake that provoked their interest. Divers were sent down to investigate the curious formations and document whatever they discovered.
“It was really spooky when we saw it in the water,” Holley said. “The whole site is spooky, in a way. When you’re swimming through a long line of stones and the rest of the lake bed is featureless, it’s just spooky.”
Today, not many know the exact location of the underwater complex in order to satisfy the Grand Traverse Bay’s American Indian community, whose interest remain solely in the preservation of the site, minimizing visits.

More at site

That sounds interesting, the complex would be intriguing to explore. I have a feeling that sites like this are all around the world. Is it a shared consciousness that all humans make very similar structures hundreds and thousands of miles around. Or is it that many ancient people traveled these distances to share knowledge, beliefs and customs with each other? My answer is yes i'm sure that these people made these voyages and a much more regular basis than we think.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi