A sign from my brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aston

Reaction score
My beloved brother used to nap every afternoon. I would then leave the house and walk around the perimeter for exercise. When I passed his bedroom, I would knock three times on his window to let him know I was outside in case he needed any help. After he passed away last year, I have continued to walk around the perimeter for exercise and to continue to knock three times as a way to remember happier times. Several weeks ago, after I had knocked 3 times, I was stunned to hear 3 faint but distinct knocks in reply.
Some people have told me that maybe I had suffered an auditory hallucination. I know it was NOT a hallucination. But I am wondering whether there is some scientific explanation. Of course, I am hoping that it was a sign from my brother. If it was, it would change my whole life. I have been grieving and filled with guilt because of the fatal mistakes that I made in treating his medical problems.

My beloved brother used to nap every afternoon. I would then leave the house and walk around the perimeter for exercise. When I passed his bedroom, I would knock three times on his window to let him know I was outside in case he needed any help. After he passed away last year, I have continued to walk around the perimeter for exercise and to continue to knock three times as a way to remember happier times. Several weeks ago, after I had knocked 3 times, I was stunned to hear 3 faint but distinct knocks in reply.
Some people have told me that maybe I had suffered an auditory hallucination. I know it was NOT a hallucination. But I am wondering whether there is some scientific explanation. Of course, I am hoping that it was a sign from my brother. If it was, it would change my whole life. I have been grieving and filled with guilt because of the fatal mistakes that I made in treating his medical problems.
My father had cancer and because of all the medical equipment slept in a bedroom next to my mom's room. If he needed her, or just wanted to say hi, he would knock on the wall 3 times. It was their signal to each other.

After dad passed, the knocks would happen when mom became ill. I was there. I heard them myself as well as other family members. Being a sensitive, I could often "feel" dad's energy in the room with mom.

One evening when mom was in the hospital, my sister was in dad's old room and I was in my mom's bed for the night. My parent's were often fond of saying, once they got to heaven they'd go fishing together again. (Very big on fishing!) That night the 3 knocks came again. Shortly after, I heard my dad's voice say, "Don't be afraid. I've come to take your mom fishing". This was in his real voice, which was comforting since he had an electronic voice box for years after his cancer.

The next morning, I asked my sister if she heard the knocks...and she started crying. To comfort her I said, "I heard dad's voice plain and clear say Don't be afraid." She cut me off and sobbed "And he said he was coming to take mom fishing!" She had hear it as well.

Spirits can and do knock as a message. If it's something that was "normal" between you both, I can say I would believe it was a message from him.

You mention feeling guilt about his medical care. My friend, we all do what we can as we can when caring for someone who is ill. Forgive yourself. I was in the medical field for 30 years and have an ill husband. I can tell you med errors and mistakes happen no matter how we try to avoid them. He has moved on and I believe he may be trying to let you know he's OK.

I think our departed loved ones do come back to let us know they are OK and watching over us. I've had such experiences with both my Mom and my best friend. With Mom it's a word or expression she used suddenly popping into my head for no reason. My friend's messages are different, more subtle. It's just a "shiver down my spine" vibe I get that reminds me of the crazy things we did as youngsters.

My father had cancer and because of all the medical equipment slept in a bedroom next to my mom's room. If he needed her, or just wanted to say hi, he would knock on the wall 3 times. It was their signal to each other.

After dad passed, the knocks would happen when mom became ill. I was there. I heard them myself as well as other family members. Being a sensitive, I could often "feel" dad's energy in the room with mom.

One evening when mom was in the hospital, my sister was in dad's old room and I was in my mom's bed for the night. My parent's were often fond of saying, once they got to heaven they'd go fishing together again. (Very big on fishing!) That night the 3 knocks came again. Shortly after, I heard my dad's voice say, "Don't be afraid. I've come to take your mom fishing". This was in his real voice, which was comforting since he had an electronic voice box for years after his cancer.

The next morning, I asked my sister if she heard the knocks...and she started crying. To comfort her I said, "I heard dad's voice plain and clear say Don't be afraid." She cut me off and sobbed "And he said he was coming to take mom fishing!" She had hear it as well.

Spirits can and do knock as a message. If it's something that was "normal" between you both, I can say I would believe it was a message from him.

You mention feeling guilt about his medical care. My friend, we all do what we can as we can when caring for someone who is ill. Forgive yourself. I was in the medical field for 30 years and have an ill husband. I can tell you med errors and mistakes happen no matter how we try to avoid them. He has moved on and I believe he may be trying to let you know he's OK.
Hello Aston and welcome to our Forum. Very happy you found us.I believe that was your brother letting you know all is well and he was with you. My father had terminal cancer and before he passed I said "when you get to the other side,give 3 knocks as a sign". After he passed, I remember repeatedly asking for the knocks but heard nothing. I eventually forgot about it. Then,months later, I was in a particularly emotional situation and suddenly I heard 3 strong clear knocks.I was flooded with knowing it was him. It comforted me. Love never dies, Aston. Never.

Last edited:

Thank you very much. I hope that you are right about those 3 taps. By the way, I simplified my OP. After I heard those three taps, I again knocked 3 times, and I again heard 3 faint but distinct taps in reply. I then knocked 3 times again, but there was only silence.

Hello Aston and welcome to our Forum. Very happy you found us.I believe that was your brother letting you know all is well and he was with you. My father had terminal cancer and before he passed I said "when you get to the other side,give 3 knocks as a sign". After he passed, I remember repeatedly asking for the knocks but heard nothing. I eventually forgot about it. Then,months later, I was in a particularly emotional situation and suddenly I heard 3 strong clear knocks.I was flooded with knowing it was him. It comforted me. Love never dies, Aston. Never.
Thank you for those comforting words. I was so stunned by the taps that I could not believe my good fortune. So I was wondering whether there was some simple scientific reason for the taps.

You mention feeling guilt about his medical care. My friend, we all do what we can as we can when caring for someone who is ill. Forgive yourself. I was in the medical field for 30 years and have an ill husband. I can tell you med errors and mistakes happen no matter how we try to avoid them. He has moved on and I believe he may be trying to let you know he's O

I think our departed loved ones do come back to let us know they are OK and watching over us. I've had such experiences with both my Mom and my best friend. With Mom it's a word or expression she used suddenly popping into my head for no reason. My friend's messages are different, more subtle. It's just a "shiver down my spine" vibe I get that reminds me of the crazy things we did as youngsters.

I have smelled my grandfather around my kids. im not talking a cologne its his natural smell. I believe it could be your brother telling u he is ok. I also had my bf died four years ago from cancer and i feel him around me all the time. my oldest has had a feeling of someone walking behind her. i think its my bf because he adored my oldest.

I have smelled my grandfather around my kids. im not talking a cologne its his natural smell. I believe it could be your brother telling u he is ok. I also had my bf died four years ago from cancer and i feel him around me all the time. my oldest has had a feeling of someone walking behind her. i think its my bf because he adored my oldest.
Thanks for sharing. I believe that loved ones visit from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.