A sign from my brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loss is never easy. I think your brother was letting you know he's good. I'd keep talking to him, and keep an eye and ear out for things that remind your of him. These things that pop up in your life may be messages from him.
Excellent point Jay. I believe they can hear us when we talk to them. I really think he is aware of your sorrow concerning his passing and is letting you know he is ok. I believe God determines when it is our time to go, you need to stop blaming yourself. It sounds like you lived tog. and that you cared very much for him. You wouldn't have a bad intention so whatever happened you can't blame yourself. Life just happens and we all just live our time.

Thank you all for replying.

As a new member and an 86-year-old computer illiterate, I am not sure how to reply to each person who answered my OP. So I want to in this post thank you ALL so much.
You are doing a great job! I still get confused or forget how or where to post. . I’m happy you are here. Aston. I’ve got a good feeling about you.

Reactions: Aston and Selectric
Thank you. If I could be sure that it was, it would be the best day in my 86 years. The worst day, of course, is when I let him down when he needed me most.
We have to forgive ourselves, we are just people and make mistakes. I believe that when we pass we give up all our mortal cares and worries and become just pure love. I lost my brother young but he told me this after he passed, so nothing could make me think differently.

Thank you. If I could be sure that it was, it would be the best day in my 86 years. The worst day, of course, is when I let him down when he needed me most.
I agree with everyone here. We all make mistakes, life gets in the way, etc. I never fully believed that we are reunited after we pass, but from being here on this forum and listening to many, i realize i did not grasp things of the beyond before. Any troubles are forgotten, Aston. Don't beat yourself up over things i'm sure have already been resolved. The love for your brother is felt and if we can feel that...so can he. It's all good. You Will see him again and all unsaid or not done is already trumped. I am not saying this just because. I really believe this. We all deserve peace. I'm sure your brother has found his...you can too. It isn't wrong...it is allowed. I recently got to have a face-to-face with a lost dear friend. I had to let go myself first before it could happen. Once i did, that burden was lifted. He is doing his 'thing'...i am doing mine and laughing together once again was a gift.

I agree with everyone here. We all make mistakes, life gets in the way, etc. I never fully believed that we are reunited after we pass, but from being here on this forum and listening to many, i realize i did not grasp things of the beyond before. Any troubles are forgotten, Aston. Don't beat yourself up over things i'm sure have already been resolved. The love for your brother is felt and if we can feel that...so can he. It's all good. You Will see him again and all unsaid or not done is already trumped. I am not saying this just because. I really believe this. We all deserve peace. I'm sure your brother has found his...you can too. It isn't wrong...it is allowed. I recently got to have a face-to-face with a lost dear friend. I had to let go myself first before it could happen. Once i did, that burden was lifted. He is doing his 'thing'...i am doing mine and laughing together once again was a gift.
Beautifully said and true

Reactions: Aston
Loss is never easy. I think your brother was letting you know he's good. I'd keep talking to him, and keep an eye and ear out for things that remind your of him. These things that pop up in your life may be messages from him.
As you can imagine, I have spent a small fortune at Amazon on books that teach us how to contact the departed. And I have already had readings with two psychic mediums. So far those taps on the window of his bedroom are the closest I have come to a definitive "sign." It seems too good to be true, so I have wondered whether there is some scientific explanations for what may have been only echoes of my knocks. (I failed physics class in secondary school!!!)

As you can imagine, I have spent a small fortune at Amazon on books that teach us how to contact the departed. And I have already had readings with two psychic mediums. So far those taps on the window of his bedroom are the closest I have come to a definitive "sign." It seems too good to be true, so I have wondered whether there is some scientific explanations for what may have been only echoes of my knocks. (I failed physics class in secondary school!!!)
You're looking for science to give you a spiritual affirmation. There are all sorts of studies out there to look at and many can be found in our Spiritual forum area. Do be aware that there are many psychics/mediums who will take your money until you have none left. Check carefully before you engage with this search to be sure the person you are using is legit or you may fall prey to those who would scam you.

As I told you in our PM, you have no reason to feel guilt. And I would encourage you to seek assistance from the grief counseling offered by Hospice. You may also want to talk to clergy who can guide you from a spiritual standpoint.

I'm sorry we can be of no further help in finding a definitive answer for you but thank you for sharing. I hope our input has been of help and we shall all continue to keep you in our prayers. May you find peace with this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.