A reminder to Empaths

There's always a spark or an ember

129302601_721397961833364_5218319011487304625_n.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that, Wolf. Sometimes, we have to chose to look for good things in life even when it looks like everything sucks.
I appreciate that but they're just recent wounds that haven't fully healed and may never fully. People may think and feel what they wish, but some words can cut deeper than any knife ever could. I'll have my moments but I'm just feeling reflective this time around. But I'm just a little better than I was. One day at a time. That's a personal favorite of mine.

Last edited:
that I had nearly a long history with but she's unfortunately now left her mark. I feel hatred in my heart towards this her and I'm having a hard time letting it go and I'm not even sure if I can.

Not trying to sound like a defeatist or broken record, but tonight it just isn't good. This one is particularly bad. Still a struggle.

hmmmm... I don't think you sound like a broken record. I think you are suffering from an invisible but VERY powerful symptom of this damedable virus... I don't know you well, but I assume you are an empathic??? I WILL go back and learn more of your story... but these posts and others like them are something I have walked the floor with many nights and last night was no exception... as I told Garnet... so, if you are willing I will address these in a post about my feelings and experiences that led me to them FINALLY seemed to lead to some basic understandings about empathics and this '#$$###@@@%#' :pileofpoop: virus. In a minute or two, or an hour, or... but today. I have put it off long enough 'sigh'

I don't know you well, but I assume you are an empathic???
Used to be more of one, but it's become more of a struggle in itself these days. As for what happened I won't go into detail but, I retract saying I hated her. I don't. I don't really think that I ever could. And I never should have said that. I wish now that I didn't.

But it's funny because she's someone that I hadn't ever met that did, at one point, lifted me out of a dark place earlier this year and I'm going to be forever grateful for that despite everything. It's just a long story and something I'm trying to put behind me but there's still a 'What if' question that won't really ever go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walking Goose
I foster cats for the local shelter. Everytime I have to take one in to be adopted after being with us for the predetermined time I get very depressed but I continue to do it because they need fosters and while theya re with me I feel really happy. Giving them up is very sad. I think being an empath draws us to helping others and other creatures but being left or leaving another is very hard on us.

I foster cats for the local shelter. Everytime I have to take one in to be adopted after being with us for the predetermined time I get very depressed but I continue to do it because they need fosters and while theya re with me I feel really happy. Giving them up is very sad. I think being an empath draws us to helping others and other creatures but being left or leaving another is very hard on us.
This is why I preferred to adopt from a rescue agency instead of fostering. I have to be careful not to take in more pets than I can comfortably handle.

I am a foster "failure"...lol At one point I ended up with 5 dogs and two cats....because I couldn't let them go. Had to stop before I had my own rescue center! I admire anyone who can do it full knowing they have to let go. I am not good at that part.