A reminder to Empaths

Please forgive me but this this HAS to come out. I'm not going into detail but I know that some of you have read between the lines and I know that I'm troubled. I had a run-in with a particularly nasty individual that I cut out of my life recently after I learned she was more than a little unpleasant (and fond of playing the victim when she's anything BUT) that I had nearly a long history with but she's unfortunately now left her mark. I feel hatred in my heart towards this her and I'm having a hard time letting it go and I'm not even sure if I can.

Needless to say, I'm still kind of struggling but I knew I would be. It's going to be a long road ahead towards recovery and sometimes I'm just up and down. Today is my last day off until I go back to work tomorrow and I'm already sure it's probably going to be a little rocky because I just can't shake these feelings. And it seems like prayer (the few times I do) can only take you so far.

What is an Empath?Is it one who can feel sympathy easily or must it be someone who is psychic-ly connected to someone experiencing pain?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
What is an Empath?Is it one who can feel sympathy easily or must it be someone who is psychic-ly connected to someone experiencing pain?
Yes. You tend to understand them and can easily empathize with them. You feel what they feel because it's almost like you know. You can hurt when they hurt. And it's extremely hard to not care about them and in some cases, even after you may have been treated poorly by them.

Please forgive me but this this HAS to come out. I'm not going into detail but I know that some of you have read between the lines and I know that I'm troubled. I had a run-in with a particularly nasty individual that I cut out of my life recently after I learned she was more than a little unpleasant (and fond of playing the victim when she's anything BUT) that I had nearly a long history with but she's unfortunately now left her mark. I feel hatred in my heart towards this her and I'm having a hard time letting it go and I'm not even sure if I can.

Needless to say, I'm still kind of struggling but I knew I would be. It's going to be a long road ahead towards recovery and sometimes I'm just up and down. Today is my last day off until I go back to work tomorrow and I'm already sure it's probably going to be a little rocky because I just can't shake these feelings. And it seems like prayer (the few times I do) can only take you so far.
May I suggest doing some reading on "Cutting The Cords"? This is a way of letting go of toxic people in your life, psychically.

May I suggest doing some reading on "Cutting The Cords"? This is a way of letting go of toxic people in your life, psychically.
I'll give it a go, for sure. Debi has been a great help with this for me, but this particular person has done, and still is doing whatever she can to reel me back in.

I can relate here Wolf, I spent years with the most destructive women on the planet imo and it almost killed me.I had a theory that I could bring out the best in this person and provide a good life for us, LOL. It took years to get over but I came to the conclusion it was my own doing and she was just her, so I could only blame myself for trying. Forgiving her freed my spirit but I'll never forget that lesson from her, :eek:.

Wolf, I had a very destructive relationship long ago, and periodically I prayed that I could forgive and forget. It was hard to exactly cut the cords, since I had a child from him. But one day I had a very puzzling dream where I was with him and not angry or hurt, just peaceful. I realized that I had finally moved on! I hope that you can do the same.

Wolf, I had a very destructive relationship long ago, and periodically I prayed that I could forgive and forget. It was hard to exactly cut the cords, since I had a child from him. But one day I had a very puzzling dream where I was with him and not angry or hurt, just peaceful. I realized that I had finally moved on! I hope that you can do the same.
Your story sounds very familiar . My father decided to move on after being married to mom for about three years. I never saw him until I was 9 and then for about three months after which he never came back. I was a very strong survivor type of child and had lots of uncles that took his place . I asked my mom years ago if she hated him. She said no. If it hadnt been for him I wouldnt have come along. She told me to have faith in God the Creator and be at peace but she never said she forgave him. She said she was glad she and her family raised me and to be honest I am too. I stlll honor him in my prayers as he and his family made sure I came along and its important in my line to honor the ancestors . I read that many famous people and strong smart people came from difficult circumstances. In the end she said she was very lucky to have me which I doubted due to being an average bad boy in the sixties and seventies. This morning i woke to the song by someone that goes I know Ill never find another you. I think it was her letting me know she is still around and loves me. Love never dies Ive heard. I believe it sometimes.