A question of Diets!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Tworivers started talking about diets today, and it got me thinking..
What diets have you tried, did any work, and would you recommend a particular one?

hows-your-diet-going-meme.jpg

I tried the carnivore diet (meat and water only) and could not keep it up. Then I tried Keto but it made me very ill. Paleo seems most reasonable, and I am slowly easing back into that. After all the holiday binging, it is time to get serious again.

I would probably recommend just staying away from prepared and convenience foods and try to just eat natural things. Which is hard with work schedules, illness and disabilities. Sometimes I wish I could hire a chef!

After my last child, 40 years ago, I had put on a lot of weight. Back then Keto was called low carb, but I did successfully lose 80 pounds in 6 months on it. It seems to be the only diet program that actually works for me. Now, the first week on it I overdid the bacon part of the program...lol

Yes, there was a kind of guilty pleasure in pigging out on those two items. Soon though, I got heartily sick of both. I can only tolerate soft boiled eggs, or eggs cooked into an omelette. And with bacon I can only tolerate a few slices at a time.

Being a bloke I just eat hardly anything for a few days if I've got too much body fat and I lose it. Every women I know diets on and off but they should realize most guys prefer non skinny ladies if that's the reason for dieting. :eyes:

Off to a good start....down 3 lbs after day 1! Prolly mostly water weight. Goal is about 210. I'm at 263.

Here is the Official Tworivers Diet of Success! I lost 47 lbs last year doing this....The Beauty is that, all this weight loss is 100% Diet based. I try and keep my carbs below 60. 40-50 even better. Exercise will Accelerate the weight loss...

Its easy people....No... Bread.
No... Rice.
No... potatoes
No... sweets
No Chips.....of any kind!
Whats Allowed: All meats, cheeses, greens, eggs.Almost Anything KETO. *There are now hundreds.....of KETO meals and SWEETS !!! We tried some keto brownies 3 weeks ago and they kicked A$$.

Drink water. But you don't... have to go berserk! Just a little more than usual.
I eat almost Everything...on carb smart or Keto Tortillas.

Every Sunday: I put 2-3 chicken breasts in crockpot and let cook 4-6 hours OUTSIDE!!! Boiling chicken smells like shit!
When done, let cool then put in 1 Gal Ziploc bag and SHRED....Then I add Fajita or taco or my Fave...Chicken taco... to the meat, close bag, shake it all about then I make a chicken with a lot...of cheese (you can eat all you want) careful tho... you can also have light sour cream to it.
I have a banana and maybe....a breakfast bar (Low sugar)...for breakfast.
Chicken burrito for lunch. Sometimes a cheddar/jalapeno hot dog. for lunch. I incorporate beef...hot dogs to alot of meals. Turkey pepperoni and pepper jack cheese slices are a great low carb snack! Drink water after every meal...

Weekend Mornings for Breakfast. Turkey bacon and scrambled eggs with Cheddar cheese! Yum! And Filling...

Dinner. Whatever you wish thats in...your eating window! For example: tonight I will put 2 hot dogs with cheese and mustard in a Tortilla and its pretty filling....I will also put some peanut butter (watch the carbs here) on the Tortilla.
Milk- I Love Milk. High in carbs tho. Its allowed just be careful. In other words Omit one thing in place of milk.

Vitamins !! Take them every.... day!! This diet is dirt poor in Nutrition!!!
FIBER! Take fiber every evening. Been doing this since 2007. Fiber powder in water will also reduce bad cholesterol!

Buy Keto sticks from Walmart or wherever. This will tell you down "deep" in Ketosis you are. Be...Careful with this! You want...to be in Ketosis, this is why you are losing because your body no longer has Carbs as FUEL, so it burns your FAT as Fuel. But, you dont want to be too far either!

In a pinch? I will actually get a couple of McDonalds dbl cheezeburgers and toss the bread out the window like Frisbees and eat just...the meat and cheeze. Yes, higher fat but still no carbs...

Limit/Lower your salt...

Its like Christmas every morning when I can see "how I did" the day before. Weigh every morning after "restroom duty". I track my daily loss in "my fitness pal" on my phone. You can literally watch a graph of your loss.
-After a few weeks, your Cravings for carbs will diminish.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Off to a good start....down 3 lbs after day 1! Prolly mostly water weight. Goal is about 210. I'm at 263.

Here is the Official Tworivers Diet of Success! I lost 47 lbs last year doing this....The Beauty is that, all this weight loss is 100% Diet based. I try and keep my carbs below 60. 40-50 even better. Exercise will Accelerate the weight loss...

Its easy people....No... Bread.
No... Rice.
No... potatoes
No... sweets
No Chips.....of any kind!
Whats Allowed: All meats, cheeses, greens, eggs.Almost Anything KETO. *There are now hundreds.....of KETO meals and SWEETS !!! We tried some keto brownies 3 weeks ago and they kicked A$$.

Drink water. But you don't... have to go berserk! Just a little more than usual.
I eat almost Everything...on carb smart or Keto Tortillas.

Every Sunday: I put 2-3 chicken breasts in crockpot and let cook 4-6 hours OUTSIDE!!! Boiling chicken smells like shit!
When done, let cool then put in 1 Gal Ziploc bag and SHRED....Then I add Fajita or taco or my Fave...Chicken taco... to the meat, close bag, shake it all about then I make a chicken with a lot...of cheese (you can eat all you want) careful tho... you can also have light sour cream to it.
I have a banana and maybe....a breakfast bar (Low sugar)...for breakfast.
Chicken burrito for lunch. Sometimes a cheddar/jalapeno hot dog. for lunch. I incorporate beef...hot dogs to alot of meals. Turkey pepperoni and pepper jack cheese slices are a great low carb snack! Drink water after every meal...

Weekend Mornings for Breakfast. Turkey bacon and scrambled eggs with Cheddar cheese! Yum! And Filling...

Dinner. Whatever you wish thats in...your eating window! For example: tonight I will put 2 hot dogs with cheese and mustard in a Tortilla and its pretty filling....I will also put some peanut butter (watch the carbs here) on the Tortilla.
Milk- I Love Milk. High in carbs tho. Its allowed just be careful. In other words Omit one thing in place of milk.

Vitamins !! Take them every.... day!! This diet is dirt poor in Nutrition!!!
FIBER! Take fiber every evening. Been doing this since 2007. Fiber powder in water will also reduce bad cholesterol!

Buy Keto sticks from Walmart or wherever. This will tell you down "deep" in Ketosis you are. Be...Careful with this! You want...to be in Ketosis, this is why you are losing because your body no longer has Carbs as FUEL, so it burns your FAT as Fuel. But, you dont want to be too far either!

In a pinch? I will actually get a couple of McDonalds dbl cheezeburgers and toss the bread out the window like Frisbees and eat just...the meat and cheeze. Yes, higher fat but still no carbs...

Limit/Lower your salt...

Its like Christmas every morning when I can see "how I did" the day before. Weigh every morning after "restroom duty". I track my daily loss in "my fitness pal" on my phone. You can literally watch a graph of your loss.
-After a few weeks, your Cravings for carbs will diminish.

Good Luck.
I'm just gonna remind everyone to please be sure to check with your doctor when trying out any new diet plan. There are some people who should not be on a Keto diet due to medical issues or certain medications, so always get clearance even for a simple low calorie approach.

I have tried a lot of diets over the years and weight watchers was the only one I could live with. It is a healthy sustainable diet. When I get a bit too fat, I go back on it. I really have changed my eating habits a lot since WW's and although I am heavier than I want, I will say I eat with much more consciousness now. I know when I am blowing it. lol.