A lost race of six fingered humans?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It is interesting that the number of digits on human hands and feet, five in total, is a prime number, I have often wonder what the advantage of five fingers or toes is on a extremity. One sees prime numbers repeatedly show up in nature in fractals and yet here in your article these 6 digit people show up. Such oddities have been revered in past cultures and one wonders how often mutations were seen as a sign of royalty or something to be revered in cultures across the world.

The article link mentioned "dumb mistakes" by artists and I do not think something like that would have occurred. These artists were carving what they saw or were told to represent for the people in the future to consider... they were certainly not errors.

It would be interesting to see if the surviving 6-fingered people today share common ancestors and traits across the world - One wonders if there has ever been a DNA analysis of that nature. Despite the advantages the 6 fingered family in the video the article shared, I wonder if Nature has decided on the prime number of 5 digits for good reason with us and if we 5-fingered/toed humans have an advantage in the long run. I do think prime numbers and fractals have a lot to do with why Nature/Evolution settled on 5 for us.

Interesting article on Nature and prime numbers below:

Such oddities have been revered in past cultures and one wonders how often mutations were seen as a sign of royalty or something to be revered in cultures across the world.
Then eventually they were cast aside or 'corrected' for their mutation. People now reject what they don't understand or feel threatens them. There may be a reason for the 5 digit thing, but i am sure somewhere in that equation, people helped change that course. Sadly, humankind can be cruel.

The article link mentioned "dumb mistakes" by artists and I do not think something like that would have occurred. These artists were carving what they saw or were told to represent for the people in the future to consider... they were certainly not errors.
it could happen, and is actually more common than you would think, ive seen artists make that very mistake before. ive also seen artists paint two left hands on a painting before...lol...and then there is also the times when artists will do things on purpose just to see if anyone ever catches it, theres a tradition of painting hidden pictures within the main painting also, whether done with shadows or just hidden somewhere in the painting..... i used to put something in the eye reflections on almost all digital work, just cause i could...lol.... when michelangelo carved the statue of "david" he made the right hand over sized to draw the gaze there. he also made the head and neck too large (along with undersized genitalia) so as to pull the viewers attention upward....and then made the eyes looking in different directions to hold the attention for a little longer. (the mind will stay focused wondering just what is off.......a perfection through imperfection trick....wabi-sabi if you will). and yet this work is thought to be the most perfect, beautiful sculpture ever made, of which i do agree

it could happen, and is actually more common than you would think, ive seen artists make that very mistake before. ive also seen artists paint two left hands on a painting before...lol...and then there is also the times when artists will do things on purpose just to see if anyone ever catches it, theres a tradition of painting hidden pictures within the main painting also, whether done with shadows or just hidden somewhere in the painting..... i used to put something in the eye reflections on almost all digital work, just cause i could...lol.... when michelangelo carved the statue of "david" he made the right hand over sized to draw the gaze there. he also made the head and neck too large (along with undersized genitalia) so as to pull the viewers attention upward....and then made the eyes looking in different directions to hold the attention for a little longer. (the mind will stay focused wondering just what is off.......a perfection through imperfection trick....wabi-sabi if you will). and yet this work is thought to be the most perfect, beautiful sculpture ever made, of which i do agree
A bit off topic but I just love art interpretation and finding the little things in art as you have described above. It is the wonder of the human spirit to creat and effect the viewer. It would be a dream come true to spend a month going through the Louvre in Paris.

On the topic of 6 fingered people…
I think there may well have been many different human types before the flood. I lean to the biblical account that fallen angels or visiting beings mixed with the races in certain areas. The huge structures built in certain areas of the planet attest to a race who were huge or had strengths we don’t have today.

LOL - I had not considered purposeful exaggeration... I learn something new every day no matter how hard I try not to ;>) Still, one wonders how 6 fingers can creep in there by mistake or the artistic meaning of adding 6 digits. I suppose it really does come down to individual motivation, how much wine they were drinking while painting or drawing or... that they drew what they saw...