A little off the top...

I got two bad hair cuts. One, probably the worst, was free with a coupon. I was broke, looking for a job so my sister in law gave me the coupon. I went, told the girl I wanted my hair to be shoulder length, but when she was finished it was above my ears. Another was when I thought I wanted a perm to smooth out my wild curls but the woman did not know how to do anything with curly hair. She didn't know how to do a perm properly and I got really angry with her and should have just walked out but I took the perm and regretted it. I spent months keeping my hair braided to hide that stupid perm. Oh, no, I forgot, a third time my daughter paid 80.00 (a lot of money back then) for me to get a hair cut at a fancy salon. When I got home I had to get the scissors and fixt that hair cut. I guess because of my curly hair I have had a lot of bad hair cuts and usually just cut it myself.

In the early 80s I got a perm. Not only did I look ridiculous, but it was soon after that I started losing my hair.
The perms back then we’re hard on the hair for sure. Probably not a coincidence. I did the same. Looked like I put my finger in a light socket. Horrible.

Well here's the haircut I almost got last summer. My regular Barber Shop was too crowded and I had to have a haircut that day for a family event the following day.
Saw this new place down the street and walked over. They're about three people ahead of me and I'm just sitting around and taking in the atmosphere.

The barber was a younger guy with lots of jewelry and facial hair that looks like it would take hours a day just to maintain that look. His hair looked like it use some sort of an industrial adhesive to keep it in place .Big baggy pants and angry tattoos.
The clientele was going for a similar look.

Fat chance I was going to get a haircut like this. That's what I normally get.
View attachment 40810
I politely excused myself and left. I shudder to think what I would look like with shaved sides and blonde dreadlocks combed over.
Remembered that the people that work at the barbershop go next door to the tobacco store and smoke on their break. I went there and asked if someone could help me out. Successful !

I had a mullet in the late 80s but it wasn't called a mullet back then. That came later with the Achy Breaky Heart era. It was just growing out to one length and didn't go too far past the collar. If I had to go someplace dressed up I just comb it back into a DA.
I actually liked the mullet on the guys.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: Paintman