A lifetime of strange things...

xxsurvivalism

Reaction score
I'm going to keep this as short as I can, I apologize if it ends up being a lot to read.
This is the first time this has been openly discussed outside of my family, a group
of witnesses over the years, and close friends who I'm comfortable with.

I'm in the process of aquiring a very unique property located in Eastern Washington. The house
itself was built in 1910 on a massive plot of land that was occupied by native americans for hundreds
of generations. Around 1850, a settler built a cabin and the first ferry crossing the massive river on
the property.There has been a significant amount of deaths on the property from the time indians occupied all the way til this very day, bodies are pulled out of the river every year from accidental drowning. Native Americans have passed on the property, the settlers had many deaths involving illnesses and
accidental deaths from operating the large ferry. There's a massive cliff face on the back of the property
where a young native american woman jumped to her death because she did not want to be forced into
marriage. Family members have passed in the actual house due to natural causes.

I'm not sure if a normal person would dig to find this information. Or think that it could actually affect
their lives. But I have a negative past with the paranormal. Completely unrelated to the property above,
I was born in Southern California. Before I was born, a VERY negative energy had been lingering in
my grandmother's house for some years. When I was very young, I remember laying with her in her bed
and the showers in the house would come on by themselves, shelves on the walls would shake, doors
would slam. We would leave the house and come back and every picture in the house was backwards
inside the picture frames. My aunt has been held down in her bed by something, unable to breathe or
move. They ended up selling the house, giving us some furniture, and we all relocated to Utah. My parents
purcahsed a farm house built in 1922 and strange things continued. I constantly had dreams of
being chased through the house by an invisible energy (continued for years after we moved out of the house). Eventually, we moved back to California and had a new house built. This new house was the most active place I've ever lived and terrified friends and family. Doors violently slamming, pots and pans thrashing around in their drawers, tiny tiny hand prints embedded in the microfiber couch. We came home one night and saw hoof prints in the carpet. We followed them for 10 feet, from the couch to my great grandmother's end table against the wall. It was as if whatever left prints had walked right into the wall. Glasses moving across the coffee table, lights turning on. All of this happening in front of friends and family. I have friends who refused to return to the house or stay the night.

I woke up one morning to get ready for school and both my parents were sitting at the table and looked very tired and distressed. I could tell my mom had been crying. She told me my dad was talking in his sleep. He would mumble in his voice, pause, and talk again in a completely different voice. My mom was terrified and woke him up. He said he was having a dream he was sitting on the couch and there was an 8 ft tall dark figure in the formal living room staring at him. He asked the figure who it was, and it replied I am a demon. He had a short conversation with it before my mom woke him up. My dad said he felt physically ill when my mom told him what she had heard. I was on the phone with a girlfriend at the time, about 1am, making a sandwich in the kitchen. Mid conversation, I looked up into the formal living room and there was a dark figure, about 8-9 feet tall, staring at me. It was peeking around a pillar watching me, I could see the right side if it's body. I left the house and headed to my girlfriends. Moved out shortly after.

I've been on hunts before, with friends. Nothing extreme. Just video cameras and exploring. Occasional
use of a spirit board. I can say with complete honesty that every time I have attempted to contact something, it's been successful. But mostly negative. I stopped completely about 5 years ago. My parents' house was sold, some furniture was auctioned off, including my great grandmother's end table. I'm not sure if it's related at all, but ever since that end table has left the family, everything has been fine. I haven't had an experience since.

.... Now you can see why I'm a little nervous to aquire this property in eastern Washington. It's an opportunity I don't want to pass up, living on a historic landmark. From the time the land has been occupied, it has been a "gathering place", whether it be the native american's who originally lived there, the settlers who took the land, the soldiers that used the ferry as a supply line during war, family gatherings... all the residual energy that could be surrounding the property from the bodies pulled out of the river, the multple documented rapes and murders in the park of the property throughout the years...

I'm not sure why I posted this, I suppose I just wanted to share my story.

Reactions: Wind in Trees
Thank you for posting this.

Good luck with the new property. I think it will be quite a challenge for you.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Welcome to the forum. I noticed through all your family moves it sounds like you probably kept the furniture. I’m guessing something had an attachment. I’m surprised your family didn’t think of this. I’m guessing someone in your family opened a door to this negative entity. Selling the furniture to someone else may have put them at risk also. I’m not judging, it would just seem the case here from your account. I’m glad your family got relief though after getting rid of it.

As for the new property, have you walked the house and grounds? Did you get any impressions of bad vibes there? Bad things have happened all over this country and not all places are haunted. If you could easily sell it if you had an issue then it may be worth buying. Sounds like a beautiful spot.

Thank you for sharing and I do hope and pray the table that is now gone was the problem with the attachment.

If you are concerned on the new property, do NOT use a spirit or Ouija Board to try and contact anything. I would suggest you walk the property for the feel of the place as Lynne has suggested, and barring any negative feelings, I would simply go into the purchase with good vibes energy projected towards it. You can also "ward" a property, which I have briefly explained in the thread link I'll leave you here.

PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

There is a phenomena known as Generational Haunting. This appears to be when a negative energy attaches to a family, rather than just one person or an object. Since the activity seems to have cleared with the sale of the table, we're going to hope that was the cause and not this Generational Attachment. I just wanted you to be aware of it in case something pops up on you again. I would also recommend with your history that you stay away from ghost hunting. Some people get "tagged" by negative energy and they then become targets for even more negative attachments. Putting yourself in a position to be exposed to more negatives may be harmful to you.

Great advice here. I hope this new property gives you nothing but good vibes. In any case, I can see you are level headed and will deal with whatever it presents well.

Sounds like you have many more stories to tell, that is if you felt like sharing.
Welcome to the board. Wishing you all the best.

I've had my feet on the original property (it used to be hundreds of acres, the house has 10 left, the rest is nature and a park with a memorial and statues), you can stand at the memorial stone and view the house. While I was staring at the house, I did get... feelings while standing there. Sad, cold, dark, lonely, quiet. I explained this to my girlfriend and she said the house use to have a beautiful, vibrant energy surrounding it. It disappeared when great-grandmother died and the family turned on each other.

I do agree, I have a strong belief that the table had something to do with it. My grandmother had a priest bless the house in the mid 1980's hoping to rid the house of paranormal activity, obviously didn't do anything.

Yes there were many more encounters than stated. The last house the table was in, my bedroom shared a wall with the formal living room. I can't recall how many times I got up in the middle of the night after hearing footsteps across the hardwood floors and seeing nothing upon entering the living room. My girlfriend at the time and I were laying in bed watching a movie. There was a very aggressive "taptaptap" on the wall. The wall seperating the formal living room, head board of the bed was also against this wall. I've never even thought about it til now, when you walk out of the room, you have to walk by that table to enter the formal living room. Strange.

Anyways, we've actually had a serious conversation with using a spirit box to contact great-grandma at the new property. We both have mixed feelings about it. Will something recognize me if I peek into the other side? I have no idea. Will doing so aggravate something that's there? There could be nothing there at all. I'd NEVER go as far as to use a spirit board in the house, I've never had a positive experience with one and have close friends that refuse to be in a room with myself and a spirit board. Spirit box or evp is as far as I'm willing to go. I want to sit here and say I won't do ANYTHING and just let it be... but I know myself very well and well, there might come a night where I grow bored and curious and dust off the spirit box.