A Lady in White

Zach Grove

Reaction score
Last night I had this wild...I don't know if it was a dream or not, but it there was this extremely vivid apparition of a woman in flowing white garb...either gown or robe of some kind. It had to have been in a dream, as my house does not have anything like what I saw (its a brand new house I built 3 years ago, nothing bad ever happened in the house). I could not see her face, she was so near...yet so far away. It almost looked like a dark grey or black hole was covering it. She was standing at the end of a long, wood paneled hallway surrounded by a warm glow of light. The light was something like what you feel in a hunting cabin that's experienced years of good memories, and wind was blowing through her robes.

I then awoke paralyzed, with something...I could just feel evil oozing right above me. I keep going to this image of this nasty set of jaws with saliva dripping down towards me. Like something extremely heavy was covering my body like a blanket, that I could see but yet, I couldn't. It took an extreme amount of effort, but I then gave it the finger and mouthed "Forget You" as I couldn't speak, and after a minute it disappeared.

I absolutely cannot shake the feeling that I was visited by some type of spirit and demon, and I've never experienced anything like this before and I do not do drugs. Obviously I've read into sleep paralysis, which is exactly what I probably experienced. It was just so absolutely vivid...

If I was visited by spirits, I wonder what it means?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Strangely, I also felt absolutely zero fear. If anything it was total and complete indifference. I was able to go back to sleep immediately. This also happened at about 2 or 3am. Myself, wife and 5 month old daughter live on acreage in the middle of the country in Oklahoma, about 30 min from Tulsa.

Last edited:
Strangely, I also felt absolutely zero fear. If anything it was total and complete indifference. I was able to go back to sleep immediately. This also happened at about 2 or 3am. Myself, wife and 5 month old daughter live on acreage in the middle of the country in Oklahoma, about 30 min from Tulsa.
Welcome to the forum, Zach. Sorry for the delay in your post...it got caught up in a filter here.

Sleep paralysis is a big possible here. What you describe is similar to Old Hag syndrome, which can manifest in many forms and leave us feeling as if we've had a demonic visitor. And the fact you could go right back to sleep also adds to that as your possible culprit. I would wait and see if anything else pops up before going to a paranormal explanation. You do live in an area where the paranormal is known to come directly from the land at times due to Native American influences, but barring further "visits", it may be as simple as a sleep paralysis event.

Welcome, Zach! I tend to agree about the sleep paralysis. If it had been something truly evil, I suspect you would not have been able to stay calm and resume sleep; you would have felt terror and been threatened a lot more than you report. But please keep us posted if anymore incidents like this one occurs!

Reactions: Zach Grove
Hi Zach and welcome. That sounded like a terrifying experience. The fact that you weren’t afraid makes me think you were dreaming. When your mind woke up before your body you had the sleep paralysis episode. I hope this is truly all it is. Keep us posted if you have anything else happen.