A haunting at Vibe's...

I don't know if we've talked about this before so forgive me if you've covered this but do you know the history of your location? Possible trama on the land?

I don't think we've covered this topic yet. Well we are the original owners of the property, we bought the plot bare. But during the Boer War, my area (and the surrounding suburbs) did see some some action, apparently. So I don't know if that's playing a role in any way. As far as we know our plot was just an empty piece of land that we built on, I'm not sure if anything could have happened on there in the past. I'll see if there's a way to find out.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I don't think we've covered this topic yet. Well we are the original owners of the property, we bought the plot bare. But during the Boer War, my area (and the surrounding suburbs) did see some some action, apparently. So I don't know if that's playing a role in any way. As far as we know our plot was just an empty piece of land that we built on, I'm not sure if anything could have happened on there in the past. I'll see if there's a way to find out.
Thanks for sharing. I keep learning from this forum. I'm gonna look up the Boer war now.

Reactions: Debi
Just to clarify, it's the Second Boer War of 1899 - 1902 that may have affected the area.
Vibe those wars were no little thing. In a quick read it was horrible. Are you near the cape?

Are you near the cape?

Far from the Cape, at least a 12 hour drive away. I'm about 15min away from Vereeniging. I do know there was some Boer vs British scenarios in the surrounding area by me. See if you can find something on Danie Theron. His farm became what is now known as Eikenhof. That's about 5min away from me. So I think it could be possible those conflicts could have taken place around my plot, maybe?

Reactions: Paintman
Far from the Cape, at least a 12 hour drive away. I'm about 15min away from Vereeniging. I do know there was some Boer vs British scenarios in the surrounding area by me. See if you can find something on Danie Theron. His farm became what is now known as Eikenhof. That's about 5min away from me. So I think it could be possible those conflicts could have taken place around my plot, maybe?
I'll look into it. I'm enjoying the history lesson. It's a wonderful opportunity we have to learn from each other.

Experiences in the Flat

This past week has had some very interesting occurrences. So as mentioned in an earlier post, when my gran was living in the flat by herself she reported hearing a man with a bad cough in her room. Given her progressing dementia we didn't take much interest in this claim. She moved out of the flat and into the main house, and me and my girlfriend moved into the flat and shortly afterwards my girlfriend also heard the coughing.

On Tuesday afternoon I was busy showering and my girlfriend was laying on the bed reading. I heard a strange sound coming from the bedroom that sounded like choking, so as I poked my head out the shower to ask my girlfriend if she was okay, she called out to me to ask if I was okay. I asked her why and she said it sounded like I was groaning. I told her I though she was choking but she denied it. So now we both heard this strange sound (clear as day by the bathroom door) and both of us are denying making the sound.

On Wednesday morning after I had left for work, my girlfriend said she woke up in bed and it sounded like someone was breathing right next to her and looking at her. She also said it felt like someone was on the bed and she thought I may have over slept. But she also said this feeling of being watched gave her a very uncomfortable and negative feeling.

Given these recent events, I'm going to try set up some audio equipment to run over night and see if anything can be captured.