A haunting at Vibe's...

An Overdue Update

So I have had a couple of new possible experiences, I just haven't had time to post them as things have become very hectic at home with gran's dementia getting worse. So nothing is quite confirmed yet about these experiences and I intend to perform a few tests to confirm them but if they are really paranormal experiences, then I'm getting very concerned. In no order, here's what's happened:

The one Friday night I was on my computer, my girlfriend had just gotten into bed and we were chatting when there was this sudden continuous/uninterrupted beep sound. It turns out it was the flat alarm's keypad and when it does that it means that a sensor has been triggered and the alarm is about to go off. So I disarm it and see which sensor was triggered and the zone being indicated is constantly lit up which means there was a door opened. So before going to investigate I call my mom to see if she can see anything unusual happening outside the flat (the house forms a bit of a U-shape so she can see our flat from her dining room without alerting any potential burglars outside). She looked and said everything looked fine. So now me and my girlfriend go and investigate further, walking through the lounge to a door that opens to a passage leading to the kitchen. We were hesitant to open the door and it honestly felt like something was on the other side of that door, and this feeling got worse when we heard unidentifiable movement come from the other room for a brief moment. Anyway we opened the door and there was nothing. Turns out it was the top half of the stable door going outside that was opened, but it was opened so slightly it looked closed from our side. Given crime is high in our area, I brushed it off as someone had planned to break in but fled when they heard the alarm beeping as this would not have been the first time. But now this is where I get skeptical of that theory. The alarm is designed to have one pin code but two different arming methods. When the pin is entered, the alarm takes 30 seconds to arm, in that time if the stable door is opened and closed, that door is safe to open when the flat is armed and gives you 30 seconds to enter and disarm (in those 30 seconds, the continuous beep sound is triggered). If that door is not opened and there's movement in the bedroom before the house is armed, then that door is armed as well. The first time they tried breaking in through that door, the alarm went off immediately. Now suddenly it's not doing that, so I'll need to take that up with my security company and see if it's a glitch or what.

Last night it happened again, the beep sound woke us up and upon investigation the door was opened so slightly it still looked closed. I know that door doesn't close properly on its own now because the vertical latch on the bottom half blocks the top half from closing now, so it requires lifting the top half a bit to close it properly. And the house will not arm if there's movement or a door open while the pin is being entered. So I'm going to see if I can rig up a camera to watch the door or the room in general and see what it could be.

The other night we had just gotten into bed and one of the dogs was laying on my side of the bed cleaning her feet when she suddenly lifted her head and looked at the bedroom door all alert and her ears cropped up. So me and my girlfriend are watching this and are a bit concerned. So we keep quiet and listen and we heard what sounded like a heavy foot step outside the bedroom. The house was armed so if anyone was in the lounge the alarm would have gone off but it didn't. When it went silent for a while after that she stopped watching the door and attending to her feet again. On another occasion, as we walked into the bedroom, the one dog was sniffing under the bed and was trying to crawl underneath, as though he wanted to get to something there. I pulled him away and checked under the bed but found nothing. In over 10 years he's never tried doing something like that and the only times he would is if some animal ran under the bed or if there was food under there. So that was a bit out of the ordinary.

The part that's really concerning me is the smells. There have been two occasions where a rancid smell was present in our flat. I have almost no sense of smell so I could not smell anything but my mom and girlfriend could. The first time it smelled like rotten water in the flat (I was able to pick up a very slight scent of it) but we have no stagnant water near the flat, and it only lasted for a couple of minutes. The second time it smelled more like excrement and was apparently quite strong. I was unable to smell it but apparently it was absolutely fowl. I don't know if this is due to a malevolent entity or not as we did have the plumber over yesterday and he did do work on our pipes which resulted in another fowl smell in the flat, but my girlfriend said it doesn't come close to the previous two cases of bad smells in the flat. So will see if the smells come up again after the plumbing is sorted.

Another strange thing, and I could be wrong here, is my gran's behavior. Her dementia has gotten really bad, she's easily confused and disoriented but some of the things she says and does are a bit concerning. She often says she's spoken to my grandad, as though he was actually present with her that day, her mother who passed away 32 years ago and a few other people who have passed away many years ago. Often she can be heard in her room having full blown conversations. She will say things, wait and then respond, and her emotions change quite rapidly during these conversations. She often can't remember where her room or the bathroom is, yet she insists on trying to get to the spare bedroom (which is not accessible with her walker). That's the one thing she consistently remembers and that's she wants to get into the spare room, and we honestly can't figure out why. Last night she came through to the lounge in the main house where we were watching TV, sat down at the bar and checked out the spare room through the internal garden window until we went to bed. She's also very frail and dependent on a walker, yet there have been moments where she moves around the house without her walker and it seems like she moves pretty quick, yet with the walker she moves at an incredibly slow pace. The most startling was my girlfriend was having a bath (I was at work) and my gran wound up in the flat and sat on the couch. Now the disturbing thing is she got there without her walker, but to get from the main house to the flat she would have to go down one step from the main house's kitchen into an intermediary room, go down one stem in that room, then go down two steps into the flat's kitchen, then up three steps to the lounge. Normally we're very vigilant of her and no one saw or heard her move from the house to the flat.

So these are not confirmed paranormal occurrences (well not for me yet), but I would like to get some feedback from the forum and see what you guys think. Could these be paranormal incidents? Can these be explained more rationally? So far these have been difficult events for me to test in order to debunk or confirm if they are paranormal.

Reactions: 7Critter
Wow Vibe. On their own these things might be set aside as odd happenings but together with your gut feelings, I think something is going on. I think doing a house cleansing would be a good place to start. Have the priest over for lunch.

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
Wow Vibe. On their own these things might be set aside as odd happenings but together with your gut feelings, I think something is going on. I think doing a house cleansing would be a good place to start. Have the priest over for lunch.
Thanks for the update, Vibe! Been waiting to hear what was up with you. I agree with Lynne. Time to hit it with a blessing or two and cleansing for sure.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
We've been considering it, but now we have to find a priest as we're not on good terms with the church next door right now because of the priest. But I'm thinking of contacting the priest that worked at my school, see if he can come bless the house.

First Sighting

So it looks like we've had the first sighting of an entity in the flat. Yesterday my girlfriend said she was sitting on the couch in the lounge of the flat watching TV. So to the right of the TV cabinet is a bookshelf and next to the bookshelf is a liquor cabinet with a cloth placed over the top of it. So while she was watching she claimed that she saw a black figure in the corner of her eye by the liquor cabinet and when she looked it had darted out of sight and the cloth over the liquor cabinet was swaying a bit. The figure was apparently quite short and almost looked like some type of animal, but features were not distinct. All she could definitely say was it did not resemble any human shape. There was no wind whatsoever at that time and also the cabinet is too far from the windows to be influenced by winds unless they're proper gusts. No doors were open at the time either.

I'll keep monitoring the situation, place more salt around the flat and also see if I can find any one with video equipment I can borrow to maybe record a few things at night. For now we don't know if this is something malevolent or not, my girlfriend has been told that sighting of black animal-like apparitions are a bad sign, however given how many dogs have passed away on the property over the past 30 years I'm wondering if it may be one of them that she saw.

Thins seem to be ramping up. Thanks for keeping us updated. My gut is telling me it’s not a dog ghost. Please be safe Vibe.

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
Possible Interaction?

My girlfriend claims she had an experience yesterday afternoon while I was at work. She was sitting on the couch watching TV in our flat when she felt the one leg of her shorts go stiff, almost as though someone had placed their hand on her thigh. She got quite a fright and looked to see what was causing it but nothing was there. This isn't the first time something like this has happened at home as in 2011 a similar thing happened to me while playing on the computer. I'm just wondering if this is an entity trying to interact or if there's some other explanation for this type of sensation.

Reactions: Paintman
Possible Interaction?

My girlfriend claims she had an experience yesterday afternoon while I was at work. She was sitting on the couch watching TV in our flat when she felt the one leg of her shorts go stiff, almost as though someone had placed their hand on her thigh. She got quite a fright and looked to see what was causing it but nothing was there. This isn't the first time something like this has happened at home as in 2011 a similar thing happened to me while playing on the computer. I'm just wondering if this is an entity trying to interact or if there's some other explanation for this type of sensation.
Considering all the other events I think there’s something going on.

Something in the Flat

So this past week, it seems like there's something in our flat. There's a constant uneasy presence in the flat 24/7, as though something is following you around wherever you go and watches your every move. I don't scare easily but I'm starting to hate going in there alone. In some cases I take one of the dogs with me just so I don't feel "alone" when I go in there. The en suite bathroom in particular has a nasty energy at night. I don't tell my girlfriend about something I suspect paranormal unless it's something really significant. I didn't tell her how I felt about the flat and last week she told me how she feels about the flat and it was exactly what I'm describing now.

Monday night we were watching TV in the main house with my mom and gran, and my girlfriend asked if I could get her phone from the flat. I went to the flat, and let one of the dogs come with me. I was creating a light path along the way (because that's what I do now since this flat gives me the creeps at night now), and when I stepped into our lounge (the dog was way ahead of me) I turned on the light and as I got in line with the bedroom door I heard a lot of hard rustling come from the dark room. The dog stopped dead in her tracks just before the bedroom door, ears cropped up and looking into the room, then looking back at me with wide eyes and then back at the room. So she clearly heard it too. It sounded like someone was fiddling with things in the room and then ran to hide when I walked to the room.

My heart sinks and I grab a nearby cricket bat, ready to bliksem whoever's in that room. I walk in and flip the light switch on and the room is empty, and nothing seems out of place. I check the bathroom and there's no one. Keep in mind out bathroom has very thick bars across the windows so there's no way someone can climb in or out of there. That room was clear and everything was fine. But that noise was very loud and distinct. I still didn't feel comfortable though so I just grabbed my girlfriend's phone and got out of there. But it honestly sounded like something was trying to get out of that room in a panic before I entered the room and bumping into things in the process.

Yesterday afternoon before I got home from work, my girlfriend was in our kitchen by herself. So the layout here is there's a glass door that leads to an intermediary room that connects the main house to the flat. We keep one of the dogs in this room after letting the dogs in otherwise they all fight in the main house, so we only let her in after the other dogs have gone to bed. So for the time being she will lay against our kitchen door. So while my girlfriend was in the kitchen, she distinctly heard someone knocking at the kitchen door. Not hard but a standard knocking one does with their finger knuckle. She turned to look and even the dog was sitting up investigating the door.

Vibe have you tried any of the cleaning and blessings techniques ? Smudgeing? Salt?

I’m worrying about you guys sleeping there. These type of things can cause health problems too. It may be time to evict your ghosts.