A Haunted Book?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
https://www.johnhuntpublishing.com/...FuluO3cQdu9Ew11k7fPVD1BFXJEIKXw319eqP9te3ozxI

If you knew a book was haunted would you read it?
If a book was allegedly haunted to the degree, it could cause sinister and negative things to happen to you, then should it come with a health warning?

What if the book in question was based on the terrifying alleged real accounts of a small home in Pembrokeshire, West Wales? Then surely it's just hype, a clever marketing ploy or merely the power of suggestion at work and nothing more to worry about.

The question is would you still read it? Would you take the chance that it is nothing but a marketing ploy or just those with an overactive imagination falling prey to a compelling paranormal account? Would you still go and read it because you wanted to see or feel something of a paranormal nature?

One such book has had such a profoundly damaging effect that some claim to have suffered severe mental anguish, terrified some, obsessed others and even put one man in hospital. Why do so many readers of this book see tall shadows at the end of the bed and others hear strange noises coming out of their phones?

Is it just a book, right? Surely paranormal accounts committed to a page cannot manifest and affect a reader in the real world? Well, Haunted: Horror of Haverfordwest has been causing concern.

Full story at site

I am pretty sure that I have no interest whatsoever in reading this book. Weird stuff happens enough without provoking it, IMO.

Reactions: Debi
I suppose it beats
"A Most Haunted House.. by G.L. Davies"
"Ghost Sex...by G.L. Davies"
" A most Haunted house and Ghost Sex....by G.L. Davies" And
"Harvest: A true story of alien abduction....by G.L. Davies"

I eagerly await his inevitable "A true story of alien abduction with ghost sex in a most haunted house" .....which should be ready in about 3 months based on his previous record.

Though I am abit curious an like haunted stuff i wouldnt mind reading maybe a chapter or two just to see what would happen.

I was reading some reviews on the Goodreads website, and although about 71 people reviewed it, I haven't come across any reports of paranormal activity as a result of reading the book.

I did buy a book many years ago from a church hall second hand booksale that was interesting.
It was literally falling apart. The spine was missing and pages were loosely held together with thread. The corners were rounded and pages dog-eared. It looked like it had seen a lifetime of daily use.
It was hard cover and pocket sized. The front had been scored and only a quarter of the cover remained. The only words left on it were "Magic"

It was actually a book on white magic, and contained many pages of answers. It is used as a form of bibliomancy. Obviously the previous owner used it daily.
Many people ask questions and open a bible at random to search for answers - that is bibliomancy.
I have tried bibliomancy myself with other books and it is surprising what you can get with it. I suppose using the bible makes it ok somehow, or maybe people don't realise that is what they are doing.

The vibe I got from it was rather sad. It was of a person lost who relied on it like a crutch.
If any book I have is likely to be haunted - it's that one.

I once found a box of books someone had discarded and there was a book of 19th Century poetry that had obviously been some college student's. There was a lot of scribbling on the inside covers, and some dates that were in the early 1900's. The energy on this book told me that the person who'd owned it had committed suicide, but the poetry was so beautiful that I kept it. I prayed that the person who'd owned the book had found peace.

Reactions: Rowan2222
If there is residual energy in one pre-owned book, imagine what you get from an entire shop full of second hand books!

I do like second hand bookshops just for the atmosphere, and can often spend way too long in them. Mostly I get the sound of thousands of people whispering as they read without actually reaching out, and a kind of energetic vibration, but one in town my partner and son don't like because of the feeling of the place. It was here I saw the dentist from 1853, so is probably the building itself rather than the books.

Reactions: garnetsilver
If there is residual energy in one pre-owned book, imagine what you get from an entire shop full of second hand books!

I do like second hand bookshops just for the atmosphere, and can often spend way too long in them. Mostly I get the sound of thousands of people whispering as they read without actually reaching out, and a kind of energetic vibration, but one in town my partner and son don't like because of the feeling of the place. It was here I saw the dentist from 1853, so is probably the building itself rather than the books.
There is actually a book out about haunted bookstores and libraries. The man who wrote it was on Coast to Coast last night talking about it.