A ghost living through my friend. Looking for answers and/or confirmation.

reillydj36

Reaction score
So something crazy has happened this summer. My friend went off to her home country and everyone there has been saying she's just like her great grandmother who died years ago. Get ready for a hell of a story that also involves voodoo in addition to ghosts, and if you read through the entire thing, I'd like some input because I can guarantee a lot of people on here are much more experienced with this stuff than we are.

Within the first week of my friend going to the house where her great grandma used to live, she had gone into her room and tried on her clothes. She sleeps in there sometimes. She started telling me eerie things about the room, how the lights never turn on and how noises come from it. Basic stuff. But things started getting insane recently.

The first thing that happened was that she was drawn to all her great grandma's old things. Her rocking chair was one thing and a few days ago, the teacup. Her family started noticing this and they keep talking about how she looks and acts just like her great grandma did.

We didn't think much of it until today when the second thing happened and her great aunt who practices voodoo called her mom and said "Ma is alive". "Ma" is what her great grandma's kids called her, by the way. And then her great aunt kept claiming that she, my friend, is Ma. The family thinks she's crazy. My friend- who I'll call Hadley for the sake of this story- and I are starting to think she's not crazy.

Ever since she's been visiting the country, she's also been enjoying singing more, and Ma liked singing. That's a small detail.

However this is where things may get a little confusing. So, Hadley was born in this country. The first point to consider is that Hadley passes out a lot because of a medical condition. When she's passed out, her life always flashes before her eyes, but she says there's always something before that and she can never remember what.

The second point to consider is that Hadley has heard voices in the past and it was consistent. The voices told her to go outside. The doctors couldn't figure out what was up with her, but ever since she's been in the country, the voices have stopped completely. Our theory is that because Hadley was born in the country, bits of Ma have been inside her and being told to go outside was the first step to getting to the country. The thing about the voices is a stretch, I know that already, but hear me out.

Hadley has also had other mental health issues, but ever since she's been visiting, they've gotten better even though there's been stress around her. Could be because she's managed to enjoy herself, but we're thinking maybe she's felt more alive because she has more soul in her, literally. Her soul has been doubled.

And the reason why her personality is identical to Ma's is because a piece of her has been living inside Hadley her entire life.

And one thing that we find really convincing is that she's always had two heartbeats her entire life. Doctors don't know why. This event might explain it.

And another thing that her voodoo aunt said: "Ma isn't a Muslim anymore". Hadley was raised Muslim but is mentally out of it and doesn't hold the belief system or follow the religion. Ma had also never been too into it herself.

They also have the exact same birthmark, but that seems like it could be more hereditary.

I believed in the paranormal before this, although I was more skeptical. I've had some encounters myself and have thought I was just going a little crazy. I'm still slightly skeptical, which is why I'm on here. I want answers or advice, or both. If you need more information about the situation, I'm gonna be posting more about this because she's staying at her voodoo aunt's house and she's gonna get more information. Sorry if this sounded vague, I don't have a lot of time to type this, but I had to get my thoughts down while they were fresh.

Could this be a case of spirit possession? Also, if it helps, Hadley's middle name is the same as Ma's first name, but we think that's just because her mom named her after Ma. But if that's evidence, then hey. Again, if you need more information to make an informed guess, just ask. Or if there's any questions about this case. I have notifications on for this thread and will reply ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyM
Hi reillydj36, welcome to the forum. There are many experienced members here who no doubt will respond to your requests. I don't have the experience to contribute but I'll follow this thread with interest

Reactions: reillydj36
Hi reillydj36, welcome to the forum. There are many experienced members here who no doubt will respond to your requests. I don't have the experience to contribute but I'll follow this thread with interest
Thank you. This experience has really interested me in the paranormal- I always thought it was interesting but I saw it as more theoretical. I want to do more and more research on this.

Thank you. This experience has really interested me in the paranormal- I always thought it was interesting but I saw it as more theoretical. I want to do more and more research on this.
Mornin, reillydj36 and welcome to the forum.

Maybe there’s some substance to this story, but reading your story I can tell that a few things you shared definitely have mundane explanations. Once I’m on my tablet I’ll look over that again.

So I just have a few questions. One, has your friend ever met Ma? And two, just so we can give you more relatable insight, do you come from a Muslim family?

Mornin, reillydj36 and welcome to the forum.

Maybe there’s some substance to this story, but reading your story I can tell that a few things you shared definitely have mundane explanations. Once I’m on my tablet I’ll look over that again.

So I just have a few questions. One, has your friend ever met Ma? And two, just so we can give you more relatable insight, do you come from a Muslim family?

She’s never met Ma, and no I don’t come from a Muslim family.

Reactions: Charleh
She’s never met Ma, and no I don’t come from a Muslim family.
Also, I agree- a few things I mentioned sound like grasping st straws. I just figured I’d share them anyway just in case.

Reactions: Charleh
Also, I agree- a few things I mentioned sound like grasping st straws. I just figured I’d share them anyway just in case.
Hey it helps to rule things out so thanks for sharing those things.

Reactions: reillydj36
First things first I don’t see why this could be a possession. The similar mannerisms and whatnot makes it seem like that but it could just be her behaving differently because of her surroundings. For example I’ve had this happen and so have a couple other empathy here on the forum, but it’s possible to take on the behaviours and emotions of those around you. And if her grandma is still on this side of the veil, she may have picked up on her energy if Ma’s presence is there.

Reactions: Cass and 7Critter
Do you know if your friend is highly sensitive to her surroundings? Many call people like this empaths, but it’s also a phenomenon recognized by psychiatrists, just not the spiritual aspect of it.

Reactions: Lynne