A fun story about sage

Sage seems to be a popular thing around this forum for getting rid of unwanted spirits, so I thought I'd share this silly story.
I used to have a set of framed pictures of herbs of the kind that you hang in the kitchen. They've been moved around a lot over the years. Some time ago, I was having a lot of problems with health, nightmares and bad luck and wondered if I had some unhelpful presence here. This forum, of course!, suggested sage. Anyway, I wasn't sure if burning sage was a great option for me, but at that point I found the framed picture of some sage which had gone missing years ago, inexplicably lodged down the back of a cabinet nowhere near anywhere I remembered having it.
Well, symbolic magic, right? I put the sage picture in a prominent place along with a mental warning.
It fell down and so did another picture of another herb (not sage) breaking the frame.
Still, the atmosphere has much improved around here and things have been better all around. Just so long as the sage picture stays face down!
What is it with spirits and sage anyway?
Haha! You were in a sense warning it about what would happen if it didn’t behave lol. Very good Ben! Effective and funny.