A fun example of a prophetic dream (a.k.a., premonition)...

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by WitchAndShaman, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider
    Tier-1 Mod

That’s because In the dream you were seeing what had already happened in the future. If time is happening all at once or non existent in the spirit realm your spirit may have given you a preview. It’s a mind bender for sure. Just tossing out ideas.

#11 Lynne, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    WitchAndShaman likes this.
  2. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider
    Tier-1 Mod

Are you saying basically that belief in what you see in the dream creates the future reality?

3. Paulm

Paulm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

more like what you believe at the time of the dream determines whether it will be prophetic.

4. Paulm

Paulm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

ill try to describe that with this..... most ppl go through life with just what they've been taught or exposed to, creating their own beliefs and capabilities. but every so often you get a glimpse of something, a taste, (if you will), of something more.... now most ppl just write this off as deja vu or just something weird, they just say "hmmm, that's strange" and go on with their everyday life., but a very few ppl want to know more and will start searching out answers, usually through religion because that's where most ppl's first thought of the paranormal begins, so they will go from one belief system to the next, maybe then into far east type meditations and so forth until you re back at the beginning, essentially they've gone full circle, but still don't have the answers they are looking for. they may be further along than when they started but they (without realizing it) are still hindered, only now because of the rules of whatever system they've chosen to follow... it used to be easier to find info or training but in the past 20 or so years, the new age fad has crept into every form of the paranormal and has muddied up the waters to the extent that nothing is as simple as it should be....take for instance empath abilities. use to be easy to be trained to hone those abilities, now days the first questions are "what kind of empath" are you, or "so you can or cant do this or that". well for someone searching for answers that is just even more confusing... I meen when you try to find info on something as simple as zen meditation and theres a whole section on the different sects of zen its ridiculous and really confusing to a new person just learning. the whole concept of zen is nothingness but seems now you have to buy 5000 books to get to nothing...lol..... anyway I guess my point is to get back to the simple answers first....lol....change how you believe and change your reality.

#14 Paulm, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    WitchAndShaman and Paintman like this.
  5. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse
    Owner/Admin
    Staff

We create our reality. Proven now through science that we do affect the energy around us through intention. So, my theory here is what we believe acts as a filter to how we perceive....and our perception is our world. Change the filter, change the perception. :)

Lynne and Paintman like this.
  6. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

I apologize in being slow to respond Paulm when you have been thoughtful enough to share this serious detail.

So yes, I have certainly had lucid dreams. To the best of my recollection, I might have one lucid dream every two years. My dreams turn lucid most typically because I will see - and process - something that is incongruous with reality. At that point i recognize I’m dreaming and I take control of the dream at least from an observers perspective.

This specific dream regarding the lottery ticket is the first of only two prophetic dreams that I can recall. The second of the two is two raw and controversial for me to talk about at this time.

I’m gonna check out your most recent post Paul and comment on your musings there.

7. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Isn’t that some insightful stuff Lynne. I’m uncertain if you have just two or twelve ideas embedded in there.

The one aspect I am continuously trying to figure out - as if that point might help me to unravel other aspects and causes - is why is it that I seem only to see as far as 48 hours into the future? There has only ever been one instance that I can recall where I had a premonition more than two days prior to the actual real life event occurring; and that one time, I saw the future several years in advance. Like many other instances, I only realized I’d seen the future once the real life event happened in real time years later.

Paintman likes this.
  8. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider
    Tier-1 Mod

I wonder if this is because the closer in time the premonition is, the less chance there is of change. Perhaps the further out in time it goes, free will and intentions can change things? This time stuff makes my head hurt.

9. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Bingo! That is exactly my perception Lynne. I’ve got several theories on the hows and the how nots of this supposed phenomenon. But in the past couple of years, I’ve come to suspect the following as a possibility.

Maybe free will, chaos theory, etc. doesn’t have as “much time available” to materially impact happenings in our perceived sequential nature of time over just the next two days; but after that 48 hour threshold the statistical probabilities for change and the sheer number of variables both increase by an astronomically steep percentage. In which case maybe my mind or my spirit cannot - or is not willing to - see into the uncertainty beyond that 48 hours.

Debi likes this.
  10. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider
    Tier-1 Mod

Or your seeing a prophetic dream but because the future has changed you don’t recognize it. :D

Debi likes this.