A flower here and there...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

It's the time of year when everyone is doing some landscaping.
What do you like in a yard?
Statues, gnomes, lots of flowers, ponds, fountains?
Lots to choose from out there!
What would your "perfect" yard look like?
cutting-grass-i-fought-the-law-lawns-funny-7466391552.jpeg

I am just going to go visit Paul lol. I love a beautiful lawn but taking care of a garden or flowers are just more work. I am already taking care of too many animals. I do appreciate a beautiful yard. I mow the lawn and buy a pot or two of petunias.

I am just going to go visit Paul lol. I love a beautiful lawn but taking care of a garden or flowers are just more work. I am already taking care of too many animals. I do appreciate a beautiful yard. I mow the lawn and buy a pot or two of petunias.
since march i have plowed and planted a garden spot, built a coop and acquired 6 chickens (and a rabbit), cleared and landscaped an area by the pond and placed a bee hive in it... somehow this spring i have become a farmer.....lol

Mrs Duke has a thing for lady bugs, so we have decorative lady bugs all over the yard. We have them hanging from trees, on flags, on a rain gauge, and standing in a flower "garden." Our neighbor has a young granddaughter (3-4) who loves to walk over to see the bugs, she'll point at them and say "Duke bugs."

The biggest issues I have with my yard are all the "new" plant/weeds that continue to grow after their seeds were deposited here from the 2019 tornado. Many of them only started growing in 2020, and some of them seem to laugh at "Roundup."

since march i have plowed and planted a garden spot, built a coop and acquired 6 chickens (and a rabbit), cleared and landscaped an area by the pond and placed a bee hive in it... somehow this spring i have become a farmer.....lol
Nature has a way of growing on you, lol.