A few perks

I've wondered about this aspect of aging, at least for myself. As a yute, many times I listened to the Bob Dylan song, "My Back Pages." The refrain of that song is, "But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
Although I didn't get it at the time, now I kinda do.

So today I don't know if I'm any wiser or have more wisdom, but I'm more open minded and willing to accept, as real, things I don't understand. I still question such things, but understand I may never understand. Maybe my Mom was right, she'd tell people I was an "old soul" and was never a kid. Maybe I'm going backwards.
Thank you, Duke. You just put into words what I've been trying to express for a very long time now and you did it beautifully.

That was apt and beautiful, Duke!

Having chronic health problems, it is hard to find good thing about aging, but I think I can come up with a few. I like being a source of experience for those who are younger than I. I like thinking that I am slowly getting closer to being with loved ones again. I like having so many wonderful memories to mentally thumb through. I like that I have made it through some horrific moments, intact. That's all I can think of for now!

It's funny to have to think in terms of how long I will be able to do something and how much of an investment I want to make in a project because of time limitation. I am looking at a yearling filly, that I really want to buy, but what is holding me back is the fact that she will probably live another 30 years and I am 62. How long will I be able to ride and care for a large animal. When I was younger it never crossed my mind.

It's funny to have to think in terms of how long I will be able to do something and how much of an investment I want to make in a project because of time limitation. I am looking at a yearling filly, that I really want to buy, but what is holding me back is the fact that she will probably live another 30 years and I am 62. How long will I be able to ride and care for a large animal. When I was younger it never crossed my mind.
I know what you mean, Lynne! When we adopted Sheena and Zoey, Mr. Garnet said that they will probably outlive us. Depressing thought!

Maybe my Mom was right, she'd tell people I was an "old soul" and was never a kid. Maybe I'm going backwards.
Same here, I was like an old soul as a kid, sensible and serious, the older I get the more I act silly and joke. My whole family are the same. I think it's knowing not to take life so seriously :D.

If you don't have it yet, I have no hope, lol.
someone told me once at a young age "if you want to be wise, just think things through, and always think about the whole, not the self"...
kinda like you and duke, not sure if im an old soul but i have always been very shy and quiet. still am, but i force myself to be more talkative. took jobs that put me in that type situation of coming out of my shell.....but still find it hard to be as outgoing as most people..... i think you are probably very similar maybe... and wiser than you give yourself credit. wisdom isnt just knowing things, but a combination of knowing along with compassion, empathy and understanding everything has an opposite, a reaction for every action, and knowing when to act and when to leave it be.......wisdom is a state of being as much as knowledge....and we all have those "doh" moment.....lol.....youre doing fine oz.....