A few perks

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I know we all moan about it, but there are a few perks to getting older.

344810650_171938738810897_4149716640760408895_n.jpg

There's plenty of things i can't think of right now lol. The main one is there are less years of work ahead of me now. I love my career, but hey, i don't want to work forever. The point was to work until you have a comfortable and enjoyable retirement ;bg2

I've wondered about this aspect of aging, at least for myself. As a yute, many times I listened to the Bob Dylan song, "My Back Pages." The refrain of that song is, "But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." Although I didn't get it at the time, now I kinda do.

So today I don't know if I'm any wiser or have more wisdom, but I'm more open minded and willing to accept, as real, things I don't understand. I still question such things, but understand I may never understand. Maybe my Mom was right, she'd tell people I was an "old soul" and was never a kid. Maybe I'm going backwards.

ok, i think i can come up with a few now..........experiences, memories, friendships and acquaintances. adventures and paths taken...paths crossed that were there for a purpose....even if for nothing more but a moment in time. learning life and yet still learning more. knowing to see the answer of life i have to look outside the box ive been stuck in, and wondering how many times ive been on this merry-go-round to figure this much out so far............

So today I don't know if I'm any wiser or have more wisdom, but I'm more open minded and willing to accept, as real, things I don't understand. I still question such things, but understand I may never understand. Maybe my Mom was right, she'd tell people I was an "old soul" and was never a kid. Maybe I'm going backwards.
Duke, theres just something about the way you phrased that...... very well done.