A Fae Encounter

There are many known animals that can change their color which is just different wavelengths of light. So, they are controlling light to some degree. Maybe there are creatures/beings that can go a step further and bend light so as to appear invisible.

There are reports of encounters with beings who appear to be doing something like this, much like in the “Predator” movies.
Good observation there, Crux. You may be onto something. Whatever they are doing, I do believe they are real and out there. Just very good at avoiding us.

Or maybe this has to do with the DMT levels in the brain (which is a natural brain chemical btw). It seems that many people taking DMT or ayahuasca see gnomes, though even those who take it don't always see them. That makes me think that maybe brain chemicals play a role in visions and they may even trigger paranormal powers?
There is a very interesting documentary on this topic called DMT: The Spirit Molecule. It is also on Netflix.

The existence of DMT in the brain also attests to certain absurdities that we are forced to endure. That is we are all thus technically illegal.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
I was thumbing through an old journal, and came across what might have been a brief encounter with the fae. I was living in Redding, CT at the time, and was driving my daughter home after she'd been visiting a friend. It was night, and the area I was driving through was heavily wooded. I was fairly certain that I knew the way, since I had driven there to drop her off, so I started for home, retracing the way I had come. Then things got weird.

Even though I was taking the exact same route home, I kept getting lost. I would drive past a certain landmark, then would find myself lost yet again. At one point, I found myself on an unfamiliar street with a large roadhouse on the side of the street. I knew I hadn't come that way before. So off I went again. Finally I remembered something I had read about the fae. I had read that they often mess with travelers, by confusing them and making them lose their way. I had also read that if you take off your coat and turn it inside out and put it back on, the enchantment would end. I felt foolish, but I did just that. Got out of the car, and while my daughter stared at me as if I were crazy, reversed my coat and then started off again. We were home soon after.

I was thumbing through an old journal, and came across what might have been a brief encounter with the fae. I was living in Redding, CT at the time, and was driving my daughter home after she'd been visiting a friend. It was night, and the area I was driving through was heavily wooded. I was fairly certain that I knew the way, since I had driven there to drop her off, so I started for home, retracing the way I had come. Then things got weird.

Even though I was taking the exact same route home, I kept getting lost. I would drive past a certain landmark, then would find myself lost yet again. At one point, I found myself on an unfamiliar street with a large roadhouse on the side of the street. I knew I hadn't come that way before. So off I went again. Finally I remembered something I had read about the fae. I had read that they often mess with travelers, by confusing them and making them lose their way. I had also read that if you take off your coat and turn it inside out and put it back on, the enchantment would end. I felt foolish, but I did just that. Got out of the car, and while my daughter stared at me as if I were crazy, reversed my coat and then started off again. We were home soon after.
I've never heard of the inside out coat trick, but, in magic, a reversal of anything would work towards reversal of a spell.

Thanks for sharing your story, Garnet! I wonder how many of us have been touched by such high strangeness without recognizing it for what it is.

I've never heard of the inside out coat trick, but, in magic, a reversal of anything would work towards reversal of a spell.

Thanks for sharing your story, Garnet! I wonder how many of us have been touched by such high strangeness without recognizing it for what it is.
The only reason I recognized it was because of a book that described such things, and the author had described what to do if you suspected the fae of confusing you for fun.

Wow! That is amazing. I can’t tell you how many stories I’ve heard of people getting lost while hiking because the terrain changed. There is way more to the nature of our reality than science can presently explain.

I was inspired to do some reading about the Fae, and it seems to be a commonly held belief that they love to trick people, especially if they feel offended or disrespected. Not that I could have done anything to offend them, unless I expressed frustration at being lost in the woods?