A Fae Encounter

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by Debi, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Art Bell fan
    Tier-1 Mod

There are some similarities to abduction accounts in your experience. Have you considered the possibility ? Your mind may have seen what it could handle or make sense of at such a young age.

Monolith and garnetsilver like this.
  2. crux

crux
    Expand Collapse

There is a video on YouTube that purports to show a gnome in South America. Image quality is terrible. But, the gnome is shown walking sideways as in Monolith's encounter which I thought was interesting. Search YT for 'creepy gnome' and you can find it.

Maybe they walk sideways so they can travel through narrower tunnels?

Lynne and garnetsilver like this.
  3. Monolith

Monolith
    Expand Collapse

Do you mean that I could have been abducted by these 'entities'? I never thought about this until recently when I've read about some alien abductions. I wonder if a hypnotist could make me remember more details, though I'm not sure if I really want to experience that terror again.
    Yeah, I have found that video years ago when I remembered about that encounter and it was shocking to see that it had the same walk (not sure if the video is genuine though because I've found some dissimilarities where the gnome appeared to move its hand towards them, while in others it didn't).

Regarding the strange walk (if such beings really exist), I would guess that maybe their legs are different or too short? I've seen fat or short people walking kinda sideways (though there's a huge difference between that and how the gnomes walked). Anyway, I never understood how that could have been a product of my imagination since I have never been fascinated by fairies... and there have been lots of details that don't quite fit the 'it was just a dream' description. But yeah, that's what happened and it's super frustrating when things like these happen with no evidence :triumph:

#73 Monolith, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  4. ElliO

ElliO
    Expand Collapse

Fascinating! I've been undergoing kind of a study of what I've been calling North American Fae for awhile now, and you aren't the only one who tells about the weird sideways walk that you see in the Argentina video. I've heard from some people who refer to what we classically call gnomes, (the Scandinavian gnomes that garden gnomes are based on) as well as Native American "little people", specifically legends from the northern Candadian First Nations people, having that sideways walk. I also recently heard a story where the teller talks about the 'little person' walking sideways until it realized it had been spotted, and then jumping into the bushes. (That story comes out of the Great Lakes area.)

As with any trauma, our mind can try to cover memories with things we know and recognize... but sideways walking garden gnomes are a pretty creepy substitute! I mean, if my brain tried that, I'd be wondering why it didn't just go for the creepy clown doll from Poltergeist!

ozentity, Benway, Monolith and 2 others like this.
  5. Monolith

Monolith
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly the same thing I've been wondering, why I didn't see a Sasquatch or a witch flying on a broomstick? It's without any doubt something paranormal if that wasn't just a hypnopompic hallucination. I know it sounds like we have been drugged or something but nope, that couldn't have been the case with the creepy gnome walk (not to mention that before I've had some other paranormal things going on and I think I could have exhibited some paranormal powers).

I wonder if they visit a specific type of people or do this with a purpose? Have you read or know anything about their intentions?

#75 Monolith, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Benway and Debi like this.
  6. ElliO

ElliO
    Expand Collapse

I've read all kinds of ideas on it. Native tribes even have different ideas between tribes, and even within branches of tribes. Everything from evil spirits that play tricks, do harm, steal children, etc, to magical creatures who bless those who see them with good fortune. I've recently been reading a treatise on the Celtic fae written at the turn of the century and it seems that even within the Celtic countries, (Normandy, Wales, Ireland, Scotland) there are differing opinions on what it means to see a gnome.
    Personally, I think they make mistakes and get seen, and I think children are more open to seeing them and recognizing what they've seen. Adults find it easier to rationalize- "Oh, it was a weird moonlight shadow on a rock." -or whatever we can tell ourselves.

garnetsilver, Monolith and Benway like this.
  7. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Art Bell fan
    Tier-1 Mod

This is a great discussion. Lots of good ideas on this topic. My father who is a very smart and practical guy (82 years old now ), saw what he describes as little people while helping a friend bring in the corn harvest when he was a teen. He said they were under the wagon they were using and when they ran out he saw the movement through the corn stalks. The glimpse was brief but he describes some type of small person.
    It makes me wonder if these are real flesh and blood beings, elementals like Fae or leprechauns, Djinn, interdimensional creatures ? Interaction with them seems to report a trickster and fickle nature. This makes me wonder if they are all coming from the same source. What that is, is the question.

8. Monolith

Monolith
    Expand Collapse

My guess is that our brains might not be able to perceive many things in plain sight and from time to time there could be some spooky interactions between a person's body and environment? Just an attempt to explain this rationally, though this could be a silly concept. Recently I saw a theory that aliens could live among us but we're not able to detect them because our brain isn't that evolved. I've suspected this for a long time... it would be really crazy if that's possible.

9. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse
    Owner/Admin
    Staff

Our eyes only see a very small amount of what is actually out there. There are light spectrums we cannot perceive with the unaided eye, and even with some extra help we can't see everything that makes up this world. I've wondered if possibly these creatures sometimes "shift" into something we can, for a short moment, see from a different spectrum.

Lynne, Monolith and garnetsilver like this.
  10. crux

crux
    Expand Collapse

There are many known animals that can change their color which is just different wavelengths of light. So, they are controlling light to some degree. Maybe there are creatures/beings that can go a step further and bend light so as to appear invisible.

There are reports of encounters with beings who appear to be doing something like this, much like in the “Predator” movies.

ElliO, Lynne and Debi like this.