A Bit of Magic

I don't know if it is related, but I have a similar quirk. Though mine is related to a person's breath. Some people, though not all, cause me to hold my breath as we pass on the street. I usually identify them a ways off. So it's really not based on anything visual, but rather an internal sense, almost like I can tell that they are exuding some form of negative energy. My fear is that unless I hold my breath, that I will somehow breath in that negativity. I know it's weird.
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I pick up things from people's breath and body smell; for instance, their current state of health. Talking of weird, once I was at a gathering at a friends house, and woman new to the group visited the bathroom. I went in after her, and the smell was awful; not just regular awful, but what I was picking up was a smell of serious illness. A few months later, she died from cancer.

79537234_1471071419718913_7389548939948589056_n (Small).jpg

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I pick up things from people's breath and body smell; for instance, their current state of health. Talking of weird, once I was at a gathering at a friends house, and woman new to the group visited the bathroom. I went in after her, and the smell was awful; not just regular awful, but what I was picking up was a smell of serious illness. A few months later, she died from cancer.

I know exactly what smell you are taking about. I was at a Trader Joe's some years back browsing though the frozen food section. I noticed a woman come up beside me. She was extremely thin and her skin had a very sickly, yellowish pallor. But what struck me the most was her smell. I can only describe it as a kind of sweet and chalky odor of putrefaction. Somehow I knew it was the smell of death and assumed that she probably had terminal cancer. I can almost smell it now and would recognize it in an instant.

This is all now in the realm of science with cancer dogs being trained to detect this smell early. I also recall reading somewhere about a cat at a particular nursing home. The cat had an unerring track record of sitting at the door of the next resident to pass away. More than likely that was smell too.