A Bit of Magic

1601345447659.png

Debi. why do you think tobacco can be substituted for any poisonous herb? I have always been of the opinion that tobacco is a helping spirit and is only abused lately. It can and does offer protection if used ceremony wise correctly. What is your opinion ? I would think rosemary would be better for a substitute. Also why would someone use poisonous herbs in spellcraft? What is the draw for usng them? I am not familiar with modern thought on this. Thanks !!

This is good to know. Although I am not a worker of magic , I like to hedge my faith with the natural laws and energies set up by the creator. Not saying there’s anything wrong with doing magic, it’s just not something I’ve studied.

Debi. why do you think tobacco can be substituted for any poisonous herb? I have always been of the opinion that tobacco is a helping spirit and is only abused lately. It can and does offer protection if used ceremony wise correctly. What is your opinion ? I would think rosemary would be better for a substitute. Also why would someone use poisonous herbs in spellcraft? What is the draw for usng them? I am not familiar with modern thought on this. Thanks !!
Tobacco is neutral in energy, an offering, and used to boost intent. Remember, all "magic" work is from the INTENT of the one working the spell. The rest of the trappings are just focal points or "boosters".

If you are using a poison plant, it is not always for evil! On the contrary, it can give us different "focus" or lessons. Try reading about poison ivy...

I was told pison ivy is not native to N America and came over with the colonists. I often wondered what colonist carried poison ivy around to plant so maybe i was misinformed. I disagree with you respectfully about plants being neutral and its all your intent. In what I have learned plants have a spirit that is real and a worker wiht connections to that spirit can perform things that someone who doesnt have that connection cant. Many years ago I was very ill with something that at the moment I cant remember. I humbly asked an elder for help about what plant might help me. He told me to do certain things and pray for a plant helper and then let him know. I cannot go into detail as some things are still held back from commercial use but heres the ending. I dreamed a few nights later a man with black hair walked up to me and told me a plant name. I remembered it and the next day communicated what I had been told. I did not describe the man in my dream to the elder. He described it to me!!! He said I was given a gift from that plant and it worked very well in my recovery. True story.

I was told pison ivy is not native to N America and came over with the colonists. I often wondered what colonist carried poison ivy around to plant so maybe i was misinformed. I disagree with you respectfully about plants being neutral and its all your intent. In what I have learned plants have a spirit that is real and a worker wiht connections to that spirit can perform things that someone who doesnt have that connection cant. Many years ago I was very ill with something that at the moment I cant remember. I humbly asked an elder for help about what plant might help me. He told me to do certain things and pray for a plant helper and then let him know. I cannot go into detail as some things are still held back from commercial use but heres the ending. I dreamed a few nights later a man with black hair walked up to me and told me a plant name. I remembered it and the next day communicated what I had been told. I did not describe the man in my dream to the elder. He described it to me!!! He said I was given a gift from that plant and it worked very well in my recovery. True story.
I said tobacco was a neutral. It can be good or bad as intention needs it. The other plants "boost" (boosters is the word I used up there in the post) your intentions based upon their own spiritual energy. Your own intentions "activate" whatever "spell" you are casting. That was my teaching, and once again, even among those who work with magic they will have different beliefs. I honor yours. Blessed Be.