A beast mystery solved?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Beast of Gévaudan - Solved! Malcolm's Cryptids
If you are not familiar with the story of this beast, Malcolm Smith's first sentence neatly summaries the case: "Between 1764 and 1767 a huge man-eater terrorised the region surrounding the southern French town of Gévaudan, claiming between 80 and 100 lives." The culprit was variously thought to be a wolf, or a hyaena, or even a werewolf. But now Smith points to a German zoologist named Karl-Hans Taake who makes a compelling case in the book The Gévaudan Tragedy: The Disastrous Campaign of a Deported ‘Beast’ that the man-eater was a juvenile male lion. The Gedauvan beast had probably not been previously recognized as the culprit because the species doesn't dwell in Europe and most people who lived in the French countryside had never seen an animal like it. Most likely the "beast" was an escapee from some traveling menagerie, which had became common by that time. (PH)

That would make a great true to life movie as"The Ghost in the Darkness"was one of my all time favourites.

Reactions: Paulm
That would make a great true to life movie as"The Ghost in the Darkness"was one of my all time favourites.
Yes was that the movie about the African lions eating villagers ? That was an exciting and true story

Reactions: ozentity
See if you can find " brotherhood of the wolf" ...its about this legend, series of events...pretty good movie.

Reactions: ozentity
Yes was that the movie about the African lions eating villagers ? That was an exciting and true story
That's the one,one of the very few movies to terrify me.

See if you can find " brotherhood of the wolf" ...its about this legend, series of events...pretty good movie.
Thanks,I'll try and get hold of it.

Reactions: Paulm