9-23-2022 FRIDAY ! Live Chat

They are a fruit from an asian tree called Jujube. The fruit is small with a hard seed in the middle and the texture is a bit pithy but they have a nice flavor. One guy that tasted them the other day said he thinks they taste like apples. I think it is a little different than an apple. Usually my friend and I pick them and eat them as they are but I have so many now I am planning on finding a jam recipe for them. It started with a tree my mother planted a couple of decades ago. We didn't know they were edible so we just swept up the fruit every year. Then one year after I inherited the house I spent 14 months in Dallas and when I came back there were volunteer jujube trees all over that corner of the yard. I never had tome to do anything with them so I now have a small forest.
Not sure how big they are, wonder how they'd taste mixed in with some cereal. Without the pit of course lol.

Reactions: JahaRa
They are a fruit from an asian tree called Jujube. The fruit is small with a hard seed in the middle and the texture is a bit pithy but they have a nice flavor. One guy that tasted them the other day said he thinks they taste like apples. I think it is a little different than an apple. Usually my friend and I pick them and eat them as they are but I have so many now I am planning on finding a jam recipe for them. It started with a tree my mother planted a couple of decades ago. We didn't know they were edible so we just swept up the fruit every year. Then one year after I inherited the house I spent 14 months in Dallas and when I came back there were volunteer jujube trees all over that corner of the yard. I never had tome to do anything with them so I now have a small forest.
Very interesting! I think it's great you have an instant food source available.

Good evening! Friday night. A whole weekend is ahead! Ready, set, do your thing!

Reactions: Paintman
Debi , do you remember the radio host Rolley James ? She was in the running to be the Coast to Coast host.
She broadcasts late night on WGN AM 720.

A little bit of paranormal stuff but it's mainly a general interest show. And still some of the best Bumper Music in the business ! 10pm - 1am Chicago time.

Reactions: Selectric
Debi , do you remember the radio host Ralley James ? She was in the running to be the Coast to Coast host.
She broadcasts late night on WGN AM 720.

A little bit of paranormal stuff but it's mainly a general interest show. And still some of the best Bumper Music in the business !
Rollye and yes I do indeed! Used to listen to her all the time! What time is her show?

10pm - 1am
And I bet you can get that signal from a regular radio.

Reactions: Debi