9/22/2015 (Tuesday) - Dr. Kevin Trenberth

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
MFLT-EARTH-Banner.jpg

Dr-Kevin-Trenberth.jpg

Dr. Kevin E. Trenberth is a distinguished senior scientist in the Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. From New Zealand, he obtained his Sc. D. in meteorology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has been prominent in most of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientific assessments of Climate Change and has also extensively served the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) in numerous ways, most recently as chair of the WCRP Global Energy and Water Exchanges (GEWEX) project. He has also served on many national committees. He is a fellow of the American Meteorological Society (AMS), the American Association for Advancement of Science, the American Geophysical Union, and an honorary fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
In 2000 he received the Jule G. Charney award from the AMS and in 2003 he was given the NCAR Distinguished Achievement Award. In 2013 he received the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water and the AGU Climate Communication Prize. He edited a 788 page book Climate System Modeling, published in 1992 by Cambridge University Press. He has published over 528 scientific articles or papers, including 62 books or book chapters, and over 242 refereed journal articles. On the Web of Science, there are over 25,100 citations and an H index of 72 (72 publications have 72 or more citations). On Google Scholar, there are > 45,000 citations and an H index of 93. He has given many invited scientific talks as well as appearing in a number of television, radio programs and newspaper articles. In his spare time he plays golf. He was previously employed as a research scientist in the New Zealand Meteorological Service and was a Professor at the University of Illinois for nearly 7 years prior to joining NCAR.

Last edited:
Question for Art's Guest - Dr. Kevin Trenberth

Q1. Is so named "Global Warming" a result of
1. Man's intervention on planet Earth ?
or
2. Cyclic in nature, as in climate changes that have occurred in past history...with NO intervention from man ?​

Q2. Why back in the 1970's did we hear so much about "global cooling"... large amounts of snow, way colder than avg temps ?

Last edited:
HOW TO LISTEN:
LIVE:
Now of course you can listen to Art Bell for FREE during the LIVE broadcast of the show, at 9pm Pacific / Midnight Eastern. However….

Archives: You can join the Time Travelers and travel back to listen to Art’s archived shows the next morning or on the weekend. You can stream them right from the membership area, or download them into your MP3 player. IOS users can use the RSS feed link to download and listen via the Apple podcast app. NOTE: The archives will not have the music in them.

Wormhole: You can also travel forward and send messages through the Wormhole into the future directly to Art during the LIVE show.
(from darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com)

CALL ART!
Telephone: 1 (952) 225-5278 (CALL-ART)

I'll be listening to this one for sure. Ghosts are fun for me, but climate change is scary.

Question
Is so named "Global Warming" a result of
1. Man's intervention on planet Earth
or
2. Cyclic in nature, as in climate changes that have occurred in past history...with NO intervention from man
Question ???

Reactions: Grinchesbro
I am sure man has math to understand what man's contribution is.....
BUT are they NOT influenced by PACs ... Politics....oil interests... Governments...and so forth ?????
(but cow's farts...as a contributing factor ?? question...herbivore's ..giant..animals AND thus giant farts..what part did the play ??)
SO SO MANY questions .....
SO SO MANY questionable answers..
WILL WE EVER GET AN HONEST ANSWER ???
I doubt it......

Question
Brontosaurus.....
Did they fart ?
How many cow's farts equal one Brontosaurus fart ???
.....just curious
Nobody has addressed my question.
Guess I will be forced to wormhole it to Art.....tell him Debi wants to know.
LOL

Reactions: Mokey