9-19-2021 Sunday Live Chat

C6IAV8FR.jpeg

I am trying to come up with a plan to make cat toys that can be filled with something safe so that when they get ripped open (and they will!) I won't have to worry about my cats eating cotton or something toxic. We had this toy mouse that the cats ripped apart and scattered cotton all down the staircase. I sewed it back up and they of course did it again.

Anyone have any ideas for a filling that would be safe and easy to clean up?

Hi everyone! Lazy Sunday for us. Opting for take-n-bake pizza tonight, nobody wants to cook.

Sliced up our first bag of okra for the freezer. Pod production is kicking into high gear as we slide toward the end of the season, coming up fast. I almost didn't put any in this year but glad I did.

Rain and a cold front to start the week, temps dropping into the low 60s. The sun was swallowed by an all-sky cloud deck a few hours ago and it's been breezy.

The first breath of fall is in the air, my favorite time of year is beginning. This is when hidden doors become known, paths open, barriers become permeable. Mother Nature prepares vast regions for winter sleep, mesmerized by the dance of her minions.

Speaking of minions, I have to run to the store.

Last edited:
Good idea, but I was thinking more along the lines of something that I could put back inside it. Possibly tiny plastic balls, but not so tiny that they could could be swallowed? I could also put catnip inside, too.