9-18-2021 Saturday Live Chat

:tearsofjoy: Yeah, I think Ian thought the guy was the real deal and didn't want to take the chance his listeners would think the guest was smarter/deeper than he was. He kept looking for opportunities to score points and one up the guy with his questions, but he never layed a glove on him. He didn't realize initially the guy was clueless and stringing words together as if using some nailing-jello-to-the-wall buzz phrase generator.

The whole thing reminded me of the chess guru who thought I was an equally capable player. Once he realized I was totally inept, he dispatched me in nothing flat.
The next question is "Who booked this guy and is there a book connected to him?" My first clue things were gonna be bad was when they mentioned he was like "Terence McKenna" right at the beginning. I was ready to put on the Moody Blues "Timothy Leery" song about 5 minutes into that interview.

The next question is "Who booked this guy and is there a book connected to him?" My first clue things were gonna be bad was when they mentioned he was like "Terence McKenna" right at the beginning. I was ready to put on the Moody Blues "Timothy Leery" song about 5 minutes into that interview.
I don't know who McKenna is but, whoever booked this guy should get a boot up the a$$. Ian has to take part of the blame as well, he apparently did no prep for or research on the guest. He mentioned a couple time the guy had written papers on AI, but he seemed surprised to learn the guy was anti-AI. This put Ian on the defensive almost immediately as I think he assumed he'd be taking the anti position. He seemed lost trying to defend and find positive things to say about AI.

I don't know who McKenna is but, whoever booked this guy should get a boot up the a$$. Ian has to take part of the blame as well, he apparently did no prep for or research on the guest. He mentioned a couple time the guy had written papers on AI, but he seemed surprised to learn the guy was anti-AI. This put Ian on the defensive almost immediately as I think he assumed he'd be taking the anti position. He seemed lost trying to defend and find positive things to say about AI.
From the bit I've gleaned off his website, it appears this guy has actually taken both sides at certain points.

Even if Ian had more prior info, the rambling of this guest makes him a mega star in the land of weirdest/worst guests and may earn him the award for best presentation of a word salad!

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
I need a canoe I think I might float away

Depends is eastern Washington a drought area this year?

Even if Ian had more prior info, the rambling of this guest makes him a mega star in the land of weirdest/worst guests and may earn him the award for best presentation of a word salad!
Broughton would have been proud.

Reactions: Debi