9-18-2021 Saturday Live Chat

Football is back...

242373734_398522414971725_7413505072365329055_n.jpg

Hiya !
I had a bit of a conundrum today. It has to do with the Old Man Smell Department. Shaq says to use Icy Hot. Johnny Bench recommends Blu-Emu. Went with Shaq's pick.

Reactions: Debi
Hiya !
I had a bit of a conundrum today. It has to do with the Old Man Smell Department. Shaq says to use Icy Hot. Johnny Bench recommends Blu-Emu. Went with Shaq's pick.
Is this stuff that is used for pain?

Thanks for the head's up. Last night was beyond awful on first half. The guest was so high Ian "lost" connection with him after the first hour or so and went to open lines. He didn't even try to get reconnected. Total looney bird and whatever he was on had him floating waaay out there somewhere. Total word salad. At one point the guest says, "I'm just lovin' this conversation!" and Ian says, "What conversation?"

I was in kind of a daze last night so at first I thought I was not hearing this guy right and not processing. Turns out I was OK...lol
That guy was tremendous! He out-Ianned Ian, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. He reminded me of those callers a few years back who were competing amongst themselves to see how long Noory would let them ramble before he had to admit he had no clue what they were talking about. It took Ian over an hour to figure out the guy was a loon and was talking nonsense.

Reactions: Debi and Paintman
Hiya !
Icy Hot has a higher rating of acceptable "I am injured" smell that translates across the age groups! Good choice.

That guy was tremendous! He out-Ianned Ian, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. He reminded me of those callers a few years back who were competing amongst themselves to see how long Noory would let them ramble before he had to admit he had no clue what they were talking about. It took Ian over an hour to figure out the guy was a loon and was talking nonsense.
I have to admit this man may have won the award for run on and/or incomplete sentences....lol I found myself trying to find anything connected in what he was saying. Nope...not there! I honestly thought Ian would dump him after the first 20 minute segment but he let him back.

I have to admit this man may have won the award for run on and/or incomplete sentences....lol I found myself trying to find anything connected in what he was saying. Nope...not there! I honestly thought Ian would dump him after the first 20 minute segment but he let him back.
:tearsofjoy: Yeah, I think Ian thought the guy was the real deal and didn't want to take the chance his listeners would think the guest was smarter/deeper than he was. He kept looking for opportunities to score points and one up the guy with his questions, but he never layed a glove on him. He didn't realize initially the guy was clueless and stringing words together as if using some nailing-jello-to-the-wall buzz phrase generator.

The whole thing reminded me of the chess guru who thought I was an equally capable player. Once he realized I was totally inept, he dispatched me in nothing flat.

Reactions: Debi