9-10-2018 Monday Live Chat Thread

doing good so far, watching the hurricane that's headed this way.....looks like it may be a little wet pretty soon.
how are you guys doing.
I'm already damp due to leftover storm Gordon.

Florence looks like it could really hit the east coast hard. I know several of our members are in a direct path of it. Saw that many stores are already wiped out of water!

Florence looks like it could really hit the east coast hard. I know several of our members are in a direct path of it. Saw that many stores are already wiped out of water!
yeah, so far it looks like its gonna hit, theyre saying as a possible cat 4 when it makes landfall....looks like it will hit just north of us. but we will still get the rain.

Reactions: Debi

I lived in savannah and the islands for a while and still spend a lot of time there....hate to see this comeing.. . if it does trek south into savannah we will get a lot of high winds and flooding...if it stays just north we get the rain but not so much the wind damage..
but a cat 3 or 4 hitting anywhere is not good.

41019709_1068579756624729_1062838594252570624_n.png

Okay, so I said I should post re: this photo so I shall. This occurrence should be considered mundane but it still had some strangeness in it - both in the way the short event played out and definitely what I felt inside my head. I'll toss in at the end the "feelings" part.

This happened while I was attending a wedding of two close friends. The ceremony took place in the very late afternoon (just before sunset) back in late August, 1994. The vows were exchanged in a small park overlooking the water in La Jolla, California. The reception was to take place in a rented hall up behind Prospect Street which is essentially up a steep hill not far from the park where the ceremony was held.

Since the wedding was small, the chairs and flowers the bride had chosen for the ceremony were to be reused for the reception. And, again because the wedding was small, there was nearly no hired help, so I volunteered to do most of the moving of the chairs and flowers between the two venues. In La Jolla, there is a run of very steep stairs - probably 500' total - that leads from the park on Coast Boulevard, up between several homes and businesses, to Prospect Street. Though a couple other people helped by taking a one-way trip with a chair or two in hand, I made many round trips up and down the stairs with combinations of chairs and flowers. Another friend stayed watch over the items still in the park until I completed the last run.

So the sun had finally set and the lights of the stores on Prospect Street provided a shaft of light down through some part of the 500' stairway. Yet there was also a part which was still pretty dark because the lights on the La Valencia Hotel had not been turned on yet; and, this was the longest single stretch of darkness. Good news is that there were also a couple of small landings placed intermittently along the stairwell where I could stop to catch my breath on my trip up the steep stairs. The final landing was in the darkness cast by the shadow of the hotel.

On one trip, I had a huge floral bouquet in each arm. Because the flowers were cascading out in every direction, my peripheral vision was impaired; so I was looking down watching my feet carefully as I climbed the stairs this time. As I approached what is that last landing before reaching the top, I became aware that there was a figure on the landing. I looked back down the stairwell and there was no one behind me. I did this to determine what my next step would be since the flowers blocked anyone from passing by me. But it was just me and this woman on the landing above me. She wore a dark flowing, ankle length dress with shear scarves or shawls hanging down over her hands. She was swaying back and forth rhythmically and slowly raising and lowering her arms. Because of the way the lights from above cast down the narrow stairway, I could only really see her silhouette - both her flowing clothing and the outline of her body beneath. She was essentially standing right in my way - not even leaving enough room for me to step up along side her on the landing.

I was about to speak to ask for the right to respectfully pass by her when she spoke first. Still swaying she said, "Do you bring flowers for Sendata?" (I've spelled that name the way it sounded to me but I' not certain that it is correct.) Then she let out a soft giggle. Being the nerd that I was at age 32, I answer by trying to explain what I was doing probably something like, "Well, um, actually, um, I'm carrying bouquets from a wedding ceremony we had down at the park up to the reception venue on the other side of Prospect Street..." I don't know what my exact words were for real because I was mesmerized by her movements and the back lighting and the, oh jeezers, her repeated light laughter. In trying to maintain my composure and get my details of my excuse across to her, I'd turned to point down at the park 400' below, and when I'd turned back, she was gone. There were a couple of darkened places into which she could have ducked, but I didn't see anyone anywhere nearby when I turn back just a few seconds later.

I hurried that load of flowers up to the reception hall and then headed back down the darkened stairs for another load. I was so hoping to see Sendata again and worked on preparing my excuse for why I didn't just hand her all the flowers I was carrying when we first met those few minutes earlier. But she was gone. Gosh if she had been there, I'd probably have lost all graces and asked her to join me at the reception too.

Finally, though it could have been blood pressure and/or hormones, I felt this very unusual sensation in my head while I was staring at her. I can only try to explain it as being 1/4 off my axis of perception - like I was "seeing" one visual but I was perceiving something that was 90 degrees different. The only other time I can recall ever feeling that same sensation was when I was helping to test a hospital's MRI. When the MRI magnet was on, I could see and feel a polar shift of approximately 90 degrees from normal; and, when the MRI was shut down, I could feel a 90 degree polar shift in the opposite direction back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I lived in savannah and the islands for a while and still spend a lot of time there....hate to see this comeing.. . if it does trek south into savannah we will get a lot of high winds and flooding...if it stays just north we get the rain but not so much the wind damage..
but a cat 3 or 4 hitting anywhere is not good.
Lived in Florida 10years. I get it

Reactions: Paulm
Lived in Florida 10years. I get it
and then there is another one that will be entering the carribean soon also...see how it does when it hits the warmer waters.....could possibly make the turn into the gulf...... could be an interesting week end.
this season seems to be starting off with a bang.

Reactions: Debi
and then there is another one that will be entering the carribean soon also...see how it does when it hits the warmer waters.....could possibly make the turn into the gulf...... could be an interesting week end.
this season seems to be starting off with a bang.
I watch all of those carefully. I know so many people who are impacted no matter which direction they take!

Okay, so I said I should post re: this photo so I shall. This occurrence should be considered mundane but it still had some strangeness in it - both in the way the short event played out and definitely what I felt inside my head. I'll toss in at the end the "feelings" part.

This happened while I was attending a wedding of two close friends. The ceremony took place in the very late afternoon (just before sunset) back in late August, 1994. The vows were exchanged in a small park overlooking the water in La Jolla, California. The reception was to take place in a rented hall up behind Prospect Street which is essentially up a steep hill not far from the park where the ceremony was held.

Since the wedding was small, the chairs and flowers the bride had chosen for the ceremony were to be reused for the reception. And, again because the wedding was small, there was nearly no hired help, so I volunteered to do most of the moving of the chairs and flowers between the two venues. In La Jolla, there is a run of very steep stairs - probably 500' total - that leads from the park on Coast Boulevard, up between several homes and businesses, to Prospect Street. Though a couple other people helped by taking a one-way trip with a chair or two in hand, I made many round trips up and down the stairs with combinations of chairs and flowers. Another friend stayed watch over the items still in the park until I completed the last run.

So the sun had finally set and the lights of the stores on Prospect Street provided a shaft of light down through some part of the 500' stairway. Yet there was also a part which was still pretty dark because the lights on the La Valencia Hotel had not been turned on yet; and, this was the longest single stretch of darkness. Good news is that there were also a couple of small landings placed intermittently along the stairwell where I could stop to catch my breath on my trip up the steep stairs. The final landing was in the darkness cast by the shadow of the hotel.

On one trip, I had a huge floral bouquet in each arm. Because the flowers were cascading out in every direction, my peripheral vision was impaired; so I was looking down watching my feet carefully as I climbed the stairs this time. As I approached what is that last landing before reaching the top, I became aware that there was a figure on the landing. I looked back down the stairwell and there was no one behind me. I did this to determine what my next step would be since the flowers blocked anyone from passing by me. But it was just me and this woman on the landing above me. She wore a dark flowing, ankle length dress with shear scarves or shawls hanging down over her hands. She was swaying back and forth rhythmically and slowly raising and lowering her arms. Because of the way the lights from above cast down the narrow stairway, I could only really see her silhouette - both her flowing clothing and the outline of her body beneath. She was essentially standing right in my way - not even leaving enough room for me to step up along side her on the landing.

I was about to speak to ask for the right to respectfully pass by her when she spoke first. Still swaying she said, "Do you bring flowers for Sendata?" (I've spelled that name the way it sounded to me but I' not certain that it is correct.) Then she let out a soft giggle. Being the nerd that I was at age 32, I answer by trying to explain what I was doing probably something like, "Well, um, actually, um, I'm carrying bouquets from a wedding ceremony we had down at the park up to the reception venue on the other side of Prospect Street..." I don't know what my exact words were for real because I was mesmerized by her movements and the back lighting and the, oh jeezers, her repeated light laughter. In trying to maintain my composure and get my details of my excuse across to her, I'd turned to point down at the park 400' below, and when I'd turned back, she was gone. There were a couple of darkened places into which she could have ducked, but I didn't see anyone anywhere nearby when I turn back just a few seconds later.

I hurried that load of flowers up to the reception hall and then headed back down the darkened stairs for another load. I was so hoping to see Sendata again and worked on preparing my excuse for why I didn't just hand her all the flowers I was carrying when we first met those few minutes earlier. But she was gone. Gosh if she had been there, I'd probably have lost all graces and asked her to join me at the reception too.

Finally, though it could have been blood pressure and/or hormones, I felt this very unusual sensation in my head while I was staring at her. I can only try to explain it as being 1/4 off my axis of perception - like I was "seeing" one visual but I was perceiving something that was 90 degrees different. The only other time I can recall ever feeling that same sensation was when I was helping to test a hospital's MRI. When the MRI magnet was on, I could see and feel a polar shift of approximately 90 degrees from normal; and, when the MRI was shut down, I could feel a 90 degree polar shift in the opposite direction back to normal.
Whoa! Interesting! I'm kind of glad she didn't show back up again! Those kind of entities tend to "disappear" their targets!

4A058879-973D-47A0-AC04-2470D40A5562.jpeg Hi Debi. I’m babysitting Fiona, while my daughter works. Just a couple hours till she gets used to being alone all day. Hope your having a good day? I’m not getting anything done lol.

Wands that is an incredible expierence !!! Maybe at sometime that was a ritual area ? High places often were. You may have seen through time.