80's Mixed Tape

One of the cool things about managing bodybuilding and training gyms in the 1980s was the radio. I got to be the disc jockey!
Then we had to tune in the right radio station to fit with the crowd. Noonday housewives, after school kids, 6-7 businessmen,...
Later, I was asked to open up a gym in the middle of winter and I wasn't working so what the helll, Early 2000s. Everybody is carrying around their own music and on earpods. And tv sets in front of the cardio equipment.
No interaction. No shared commonality. Sterile. Needless to say that didn't get recreated the way it was in the 80s.

Fastfforward, a bunch of us were sitting around at the juice bar at the latest bodybuilding gym. It was a whole bunch of us from back in the cowboy days. Dude walks in, says " This looks like The Expendables. "

Thanks. When you mentioned the guy with the lute I wondered if it was that! Good song.
Back several years ago I read an article about how for years the hot blonde in the "Safety Dance" video was unknown. Somebody finally figured out who she was, a magazine editor with seemingly no ties to music industry. Go figure.

Mom was teaching High School science when Prince dropped on the scene. She watched the girls go crazy and figured out that he would be bigger than Michael Jackson .
Mom saw Elvis.' 58 Chicago Theater
I loved Prince. He was a master for sure. Nobody like him or Elvis. They were truly unique.

Reactions: Paintman and Benway