8-8-2022 Monday Live Chat

1659949448643.png

Good morning my friends.

My week off has ended, I am back in the office today. I see that in my absence, the air conditioner was not repaired, lol. I wasn't really expecting it to be. Over 25 years in this shop and the AC has never worked. Even this one was just installed last fall, and still hasn't worked for more than a few days at a time. So it must be etched in stone somewhere that I am never to work in a comfortable environment in summer. So it goes, lol.

I got my neck stitches out on Friday and know my treatment plan for the next month or so. It's going to be months and months before I get any long-range outlooks.

Fortunately my little wife is healthier now than she's been in the last 5 years. That will help more than anything.

I have had to take some time-off from investigating and podcasting. My voice is gravelly right now anyway and I don't have the energy to do it. Got all packed up for an investigation on Saturday night and had to bail, literally at the last minute. I was about to collapse as I was packing up the car. Spent the rest of the weekend pouting. Life was just getting good and now my body is falling apart. So a bit of a sabbatical is in order, of course just as the "busy season" starts to ramp up. Same thing happened last year only it was my wife's stroke. Will ride it out and hope that maybe, just maybe, we will get a pass on problems in 2023. Yeah, right.

Have a terrific day, everyone!

I see that in my absence, the air conditioner was not repaired, lol. I wasn't really expecting it to be. Over 25 years in this shop and the AC has never worked. Even this one was just installed last fall, and still hasn't worked for more than a few days at a time. So it must be etched in stone somewhere that I am never to work in a comfortable environment in summer.
I worked as a teenager in a BF Goodrich wheel and brake manufacturing plant during my school break summers. Mornings were okay, but afternoons were energy-draining hot. I rotated two sets of clothes 'cause the smell on my jeans and work boots never went away, even after washing. I had the steel-toe boots for a number of years until we tossed them. They always had that factory smell, not a bad smell, a combination of dirt + grease + other.

After being good with what I ate yesterday and my blood sugar returning back to my normal, I allowed myself a West Virginia pepperoni roll for breakfast this morning; smothered in pepper sauce of course. The sauce has just enough kick to say "hello" to your taste buds. Yum !