8-7-2022 Sunday Live Chat

Wow, what a weekend! Maybe your old unit was OK, and it was just the wasps nest that was causing it to malfunction? At any rate, it's always good to have a new unit! I'm glad that casualties to you and your family weren't too fierce, either.

When I lived in Fl, the mud daubers drove me nuts. I had a set of wind chimes in the car port and noticed that they didn't sound as pretty as when I first bought them. Turns out the mud daubers had packed the little cylinders full of mud and eggs. And they built a huge nest in the exhaust fan in the kitchen, so we couldn't use it.
I had been saying for 6 weeks something was wrong with that unit. Hubs did NOT want to hear it. The unit was not that large but the nest was HUGE in there! No wonder it wasn't working right!

Where's Debi? Well, I'm finally back. And here's your story from my weekend coming at you...lol

So, youngest son hurt his back, and he's the one who normally does everything around here like mow the lawn, carrying things, etc. I had held off telling my Peoria son I broke his brother cuz I knew he'd make the trip to come help out. Which he promptly did this weekend!

Peoria came in and mowed 1.5 acres, took care of a fallen tree in the back yard, put the fence back up from the fallen tree, weed whacked, hauled in huge bags of salt for the water softner, and then decided our window a/c in our bedroom needed to be replaced since it really wasn't doing much cooling lately. Now, I've been saying something was wrong with that unit for 6 weeks, since I couldn't get the room to cool much and it was really humid despite it sorta/kinda running. Hubs kept saying "It's spittin' cool air". Son told the dad if that was spit it needed a lot more saliva.

So! Off goes Peoria kid to Walmart and comes home with a small unit to fit our bedroom window. Despite the bad back on kid #1, he was helping his brother steady the old unit from the inside of the house while Peoria was outside the window. And this is where the "excitement" began...oy vey.

As Peoria was starting to pull on the old unit to remove it, a wasp popped out of it. OK, one wasp, no biggie. Until it was quickly followed by an armed squadron of flying missiles in attack formation headed straight at Peoria kid! As he yells and is backing away swatting and screaming, I hear "crash" as the kid inside shoves the unit totally out of the window and closes it rapidly, cuz, well, ya know, mom is allergic to the little beasts if stung.

Off goes my inside kid with the bad back at his highest gimpy speed to grab two cans of Raid on his way to the back yard, where Peoria son is still whacking the air around him cuz when that unit hit the ground, it exploded to show the wasp nest within and released the back up squadron from the nest! So I have two kids in my back yard now armed with raid, spraying rapid fire, and getting stung. After the war, and the win for the boys, we treated the sting injuries (luckily not too many after all that) and the new unit went in. Which has me now able to live at the morgue temps I enjoy while my hubs wears his flannel shirt to survive.

Happily all worked out, but there for awhile I was a bit worried I broke another kid.
Kudos to the boys.

Where's Debi? Well, I'm finally back. And here's your story from my weekend coming at you...lol

So, youngest son hurt his back, and he's the one who normally does everything around here like mow the lawn, carrying things, etc. I had held off telling my Peoria son I broke his brother cuz I knew he'd make the trip to come help out. Which he promptly did this weekend!

Peoria came in and mowed 1.5 acres, took care of a fallen tree in the back yard, put the fence back up from the fallen tree, weed whacked, hauled in huge bags of salt for the water softner, and then decided our window a/c in our bedroom needed to be replaced since it really wasn't doing much cooling lately. Now, I've been saying something was wrong with that unit for 6 weeks, since I couldn't get the room to cool much and it was really humid despite it sorta/kinda running. Hubs kept saying "It's spittin' cool air". Son told the dad if that was spit it needed a lot more saliva.

So! Off goes Peoria kid to Walmart and comes home with a small unit to fit our bedroom window. Despite the bad back on kid #1, he was helping his brother steady the old unit from the inside of the house while Peoria was outside the window. And this is where the "excitement" began...oy vey.

As Peoria was starting to pull on the old unit to remove it, a wasp popped out of it. OK, one wasp, no biggie. Until it was quickly followed by an armed squadron of flying missiles in attack formation headed straight at Peoria kid! As he yells and is backing away swatting and screaming, I hear "crash" as the kid inside shoves the unit totally out of the window and closes it rapidly, cuz, well, ya know, mom is allergic to the little beasts if stung.

Off goes my inside kid with the bad back at his highest gimpy speed to grab two cans of Raid on his way to the back yard, where Peoria son is still whacking the air around him cuz when that unit hit the ground, it exploded to show the wasp nest within and released the back up squadron from the nest! So I have two kids in my back yard now armed with raid, spraying rapid fire, and getting stung. After the war, and the win for the boys, we treated the sting injuries (luckily not too many after all that) and the new unit went in. Which has me now able to live at the morgue temps I enjoy while my hubs wears his flannel shirt to survive.

Happily all worked out, but there for awhile I was a bit worried I broke another kid.
Glad everything all worked out and you got the new AC :). Seems to be the week for bees as i had a large one try to burrow into my shoe lol.

Glad everything all worked out and you got the new AC :). Seems to be the week for bees as i had a large one try to burrow into my shoe lol.
Usually, aggravated bees show up the very end of August and beginning of Sept., when they begin a bit of a feeding frenzy before winter around here. We just poked that hornets nest early.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Good evening, folks. I do hope everyone had a good weekend!

That was an award winning story Deb, I’d laugh if it wasnt a horror for all of you. It’s no joke to get stung even once. The poor guys.

Reactions: garnetsilver