8-14-2022 Sunday Live Chat

Good morning friends. I am enjoying a quiet morning after the wedding. The happy couple will be honeymooning in Main. I was surprised because I would pick a beach somewhere but to each their own. Anyone ever visit there? Is this a good vacation spot ?

Good morning friends. I am enjoying a quiet morning after the wedding. The happy couple will be honeymooning in Main. I was surprised because I would pick a beach somewhere but to each their own. Anyone ever visit there? Is this a good vacation spot ?
Maine is beautiful, especially in the fall when the foliage is changing. The rugged seacoast is also beautiful with lots of scenic little towns and maybe a dozen lighthouses.

Hiya !
Lynne, Maine is like Minnesota but except for Lake Superior they have the Atlantic Ocean.
My two cents - I'm not really into the smell of the ocean. I spent a week in Boston and it smelled like you just opened up a bad can of tuna.

MBqdVHUeuyCG.jpeg

Yes, it is gorgeous there. I remember going to a beach in York; the water was cold, but the day was hot enough that it felt just right. And there was a giant taffy pulling machine that you could watch. I didn't care for the pebbles on the beach, but otherwise it was great. And like Duke said, the autumn foliage is spectacular.