7 year old mystery

SuperBeast1965

Seeker of the Unknown
Reaction score
So this is from something I saw 7 years ago while I was at a friend's house late at night. We were sitting on his front porch which was screened in and this thing dragged itself down the road. My memory is a bit hazy, I can't remember if this creature had no legs, or if it's legs were dragged on behind the body while it used it's arms to pull itself along. I do remember that it was very quick for only being able to drag itself. I also remember that it's torso and head were the size of an average adult male. We watched it for about 30 to 40 seconds before we were too scared and crept back into the house hoping that this thing didn't hear us. Sorry for my horrible artwork, but I drew it from the perspective of where we saw it, the thing probably being 20-25 yards away from us.
dogorwolflikecreature.jpg

Reactions: Paulm
hmm very interesting. if that's what it really looked like, then to me it seems like a variation of Dogman out there. one that I haven't heard of yet. as you said you don't recall seeing its bottom half, legs etc. either they weren't there or your perspective of sight didn't allow you to see it possibly dragging itself across the ground. usually folks see Dogman upright, with a build and musculature not too far off from a brawny person except for being all hairy and much taller than your avg. human. what did the creature's face look like, if you can go in more detail? from your drawing, apparently it had pointy ear tufts, jagged teeth sticking outta its mouth and not paws.. but more like hands with claws? if you don't know those kinda details that's more than fine.. but if you do, would you mind elaborating? I have my suspicions of what this could be, but like all of us on the forum.. none of us surefire know what creature you saw that night. but yeah man thx for sharing, this was very interesting. *drawing ain't bad either, thx for giving us one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
from your drawing and line of sight, could it possibly have been just a large dog that was maybe struck by a car....not trying to lessen your experience, just covering all logical possibilities first.....the fact that it was out in the open on a road is why I ask this.

from your drawing and line of sight, could it possibly have been just a large dog that was maybe struck by a car....not trying to lessen your experience, just covering all logical possibilities first.....the fact that it was out in the open on a road is why I ask this.

yeah that's very possible as well. as I too don't wanna try to diminish anyone's experiences either, I like to know as many details as possible to form my best conclusion. and so as to rule out everyday happenings/non cryptid, paranormal situations etc. that said.. yup, if it was a dog it had to be a large one to be that jarring enough for SuperBeast to recall just now, and be real frightened at that. *on a personal note.. while I haven't seen a half run over, badly maimed dog.. I have seen cats before in that predicament on the street. and yes, it was still alive some trying to move around. believe it or not, I even saw that 1 time in a parking lot after I was finishing buying groceries. as I was backing up, kinda from like 15-30 ft away I saw a cat with its hind legs I guess, totaled but it was moving around in agony. grueling and sad some to see. but obviously unfortunate accidents like such do happen.

I wish it were just a dog. I could clearly make out hands on this creature. The face was very dark but it was definitely canine, similar to a husky's face, snarling, but it was all black or dark grey. The build was somewhat muscular, I was just trying to sketch this quickly so that I could give an idea of what I saw.

canine-looking, snarling, hands-like and not just plain paws, a black or dark grey coat and a muscular build etc all screams Dogman then in your case. though I haven't seen or read stories of Dogman with half their body being severed. this is very interesting.

canine-looking, snarling, hands-like and not just plain paws, a black or dark grey coat and a muscular build etc all screams Dogman then in your case. though I haven't seen or read stories of Dogman with half their body being severed. this is very interesting.
I agree Tim. A dog man of some sort. Perhaps it was a skinwalker and in the stages of change? Or entering through a portal and only partially through ? These things could be interdimensional. Maybe they have the ability to cloak? Just throwing out ideas here.

That had to be super scary. Did you look at the spot the next day for prints or signs it was there?

Reactions: Timothy Ochoa