7-4-2020 Saturday 4th of July Live Chat Thread

That is the truth. I think holidays are where the most obvious changes kind of hit you dead on.
True. Before, we knew it was only going to be one day of fireworks and I used to enjoy watching the display put on by the city. Now, it has become a massive nuisance.

Reactions: Debi
My Peoria son is doing a big display for his neighbors...with their approval, btw. They are able to social distance and see what he's shooting off from his field by the creek. Lots of kids in the area so he decided to give them a bit of a show.

My Peoria son is doing a big display for his neighbors...with their approval, btw. They are able to social distance and see what he's shooting off from his field by the creek. Lots of kids in the area so he decided to give them a bit of a show.
Oh, that must be nice. I do miss the pretty displays at a distance.

Oh, that must be nice. I do miss the pretty displays at a distance.
He made the two hour drive to the big fireworks store last week. Even he said many things were really low or missing from the shelves there, and this is a HUGE warehouse.

He made the two hour drive to the big fireworks store last week. Even he said many things were really low or missing from the shelves there, and this is a HUGE warehouse.
Wow. That seems weird, doesn't it? Fireworks are so much a part of summer, (except for the crazy way they are being used this year.)

Wow. That seems weird, doesn't it? Fireworks are so much a part of summer, (except for the crazy way they are being used this year.)
Supply comes from China. They are kinda shut down right now.